Mcpacker

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
mcpacker

Mcpacker

Post by mcpacker »

Hi I'm Michael. I am a 33 year old disabled Veteran and live in Minneapolis,MN.

I'd like to share my journey to skirts for men:

In June 2010 I was at a music festival and noticed that Utilikilts had a shop. I was wearing cotton cargo shorts and have never worn a skirt before. When I tried a UK on and removed my shorts I was amazed at how comfortable it was and how much cooler it felt. But I didn't buy it because of the price and the possibility that I would never wear it again. I remained intrigued though.

In July of this year I discovered a company called Stillwater Kilts and ordered a solid black economy kilt on Aug 1st. Got it on the 3rd and it was the most comfortable garment I have ever worn. I ordered another on in black watch and a Mountain Hardwear Elkommando kilt(which I love wearing.)

I have no intentions of going back to bifurcated clothing. I think skirts are the most logical choice of clothing for men to wear and I'm interested in all forms of male and unisex skirts.
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mcpacker

Post by janrok »

Howdy Mcpacker.

Welcome to the world of comfortable mens wear and:
:welcome:

Jan.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

mcpacker wrote:When I tried a UK on and removed my shorts I was amazed at how comfortable it was and how much cooler it felt.
If only a few more men had the guts to give skirts a try and discover the comfort.

Welcome, Michael.

Martin, in southern Spain.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Hazy

Post by Hazy »

Hi Michael,
couyalair wrote: If only a few more men had the guts to give skirts a try and discover the comfort.
My thoughts exactly. Only takes one try, then the almost inevitable admission to yourself how great skirts are,

Neil
mcpacker

Post by mcpacker »

@janrok Thank you for the welcome. A whole new world of comfort has been opened up for me!

@couyalair More men should definitely rock skirts. I'm happy to be an ambassador in my neck of the woods. I do know back in the day most warriors wore skirts. According to the Romans only primitive savages wore pants. I think they were referencing Germanic barbarians when that was said but I personally have no hard feelings for any people. Just something I heard.

@RichardA Thank you for the welcome!

@Hazy Thank you for the welcome. No turning back when you realize the comfort. For me at least and more than likely most other men.