New England first timer & love it!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

New England first timer & love it!

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Greetings to all you wonderful people, and thanks for creating and building this site!

My story (I'm 57) began in my teenage years when I discovered the erotic side of feminine clothes, mainly underwear. Since then the erotic side has diminished to practically zero and the comfort/well being side has climbed to the top. I have found that within me are both masculine and feminine components that I honor equally. I am very happy to be a guy, but like many or all of you guys feel society's norms are so unfair to us by restricting our choices of clothes.

I do not consider myself a "typical crossdresser" because I never want to present as a woman or do anything from the neck up. But I do feel a need to express some femininity which I do by wearing women's clothes... pants, shorts, and tops. All my jeans are women's jeans but you'd hardly know by looking. Typical baggy and long male shorts are very distasteful to me... I like the short female kind. I like tops that are not all lace and frills but show some feminine feature, like really short sleeves, different neckline or collar, pastel colors, prints, or subtle embroidery. And I wear feminine jewelry and watch.

And as for skirts, I have worn them in private for many years, and love the feeling of freedom, especially with nothing underneath. (By the way, I'm also a naturist, and being nude elevates that freedom to an even higher level!) I see here and elsewhere a growing movement toward kilts for men... helped by the availability of new styles such as the Utilikilt/Amerikilt/Elkommando kilts, social networking such as this site, and a general evolution of society that has broken down some walls already in the last couple decades (remember when guys wearing two earrings were unheard of?). The whole "male unbifurcated garment" argument is a sensible, logical argument that I'm sure will, eventually, prevail in the end. How many years it will take for society to accept men wearing something other than pants? Who knows?

For me personally, it's more than the freedom and comfort of a kilt... it's that PLUS the femininity of a skirt. I don't want to wear a stodgy Utilikilt or a camo skirt. I want to wear a simple, utilitarian skirt of a light fabric that has some color and flutter to it but doesn't scream out GIRLY with billows of lace.

The unfairness of men being limited to "men's wear" yet women can wear anything at all is SO FRUSTRATING. In some restaurants, waitresses wear masculine jackets and ties. Why can't we eat where male wait staff wear blouses and skirts? Women can buy "boyfriend shirts" and "boyfriend shorts". Why can't men buy "girlfriend shirts" or "girlfriend skirts"? Men's clothes are SO boring, and women's clothes are so much more interesting, varied, and fun!

Anyway, I will close by saying that I FINALLY went out in public in a skirt, a plain corduroy one just above the knee. It was in and around Harvard Square in Cambridge Mass. on a summer Sunday afternoon. It just felt so natural and right, and I really felt like ME. So in the future, when appropriate, I will do more skirt wearing out and about. If we all would do that more, it will help "push the envelope" or move society slowly toward greater acceptance of guys in skirts. So let's get out there! Onward and upward!
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New England first timer & love it!

Post by Sarongman »

Welcome to our cafe.Enjoy the company which, like all associations, can sometimes get a little hot under the collar but,mostly we get along just fine. Again---- :kiltdance: :kiltdance: :kiltdance: :thewave: :welcome:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

A warm welcome from Holland.
I don't know if you are aware your alias pops up when you open the site www.skirts.provocateuse.com :P

Happy skirting(theissue)!

Jan.
Hazy

Post by Hazy »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
skirtingtheissue wrote:I do not consider myself a "typical crossdresser" because I never want to present as a woman or do anything from the neck up. But I do feel a need to express some femininity which I do by wearing women's clothes.
That's how I feel as well.

Cheers,

Hazy