Hi, I live in Midlands, UK.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Mick the Skirt

Hi, I live in Midlands, UK.

Post by Mick the Skirt »

I believe in the freedom of choice for men to wear what they want free of social and peer pressure.

I am a chartered electrical engineer working for an International company which has a superb diversity policy:

“By harnessing the differences we all have we will create a productive environment in which everybody feels valued. Their talents are fully utilised and organisational goals are met.”

It goes on to say “....there are no distinctions based on age, gender, sexual orientation, race, .....” etc.

I am starting to wear kilts, skirts etc in very public places in order to improve the public perception that it is commonplace and indeed acceptable to do so. My photos will clearly demonstrate that I have been in public places. My experience so far is that no one is fazed in any way, and hopefully this will encourage others to do the same as me.

See the “Men in skirts - visits to London, UK” group for more details.

In facie adversis, geris quod vis, Mick the Skirt.
In the face of adversity, you wear what you want.
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi, I live in Midlands, UK.

Post by janrok »

Welcome to Skirtcafé from Holland.

:welcome:

Jan.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: Like the kilts in the photos, not too sure about the calf length skirts
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

As you can see from the two photos I've added to the group, I prefer knee-length, but, as you say, the important thing is to be seen, long or short, when defying popular misconceptions.

Martin
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Welcome. I'm also in the Midlands (Derbyshire).
Mick the Skirt

Post by Mick the Skirt »

Hi,

I should have included the word “Flickr” to the “Men in skirts - visits to London, UK” group. I suppose most of you found it, ‘though.

We may have some decent weather coming up on a Saturday - wow! 26th of May was the last. However, the first Saturday that I can make is 18th August. I hope to wear a home-made 4 pleat knee length dark blue skirt, and have lunch in Hyde Park, see my group profile for details.

It is good to get some feedback on my attire. Mind you, I suppose that with me being the only one wearing a bloke’s skirt in public in London, I must be path-finding as to what is acceptable in public. I suspect that Grayson Perry’s attire on the “Have I got news for you” programme, is just for a girl’s doll, that even girls would not dress as, and as such this is not helpful in establishing mainstream skirts for men.

I have an aspiration that when I next go up to London, there may be a few of us in Hyde Park and later near Westminster bridge, and of course, taking lots of photos to prove that it is safe out there!

In facie adversis, geris quod vis, Mick the Skirt.