Gymswhirled (a/k/a Jim's world)

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Gymswhirled

Gymswhirled (a/k/a Jim's world)

Post by Gymswhirled »

Native New Yorker. I started wearing kilts at 8 years old and continue to on occasion. My biggest hurdle is my two teenage daughters who act as the fashion police, judge, jury, and executioner. I guess time will have them come to accept the reality MUGs are cool.

I am curious to know if there is an international "Men wear skirts day"? Such an event would help open doors and remove barriers for guys who like the freedom a skirt gives.

Jim
New York, NY
Jim
(a/k/a Gymswhirled)
New York Metro Area
True Hetero MUG
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Gymswhirled (a/k/a Jim's world)

Post by crfriend »

Gymswhirled wrote:I am curious to know if there is an international "Men wear skirts day"? Such an event would help open doors and remove barriers for guys who like the freedom a skirt gives.
There was supposedly an "International Men Can Wear Dresses Too Day" just a little bit ago, and I read (someplace) that skirts were fine.

In any event, welcome aboard!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Join the Club, Gyms. My family is larger than yours and could if assembled fill a jury bench, They have already legislated against anything MUG-like on males except ceremonial kilts.

Welcome here.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Gymswhirled!!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

There is a Men can wear skirts day" - it is normally held around May 14th, though I have seen May 1st and May 15th suggested. There is (or was) a Facebook page for it as well.

A couple of years ago it was on a Saturday and I had a charity walk that day (10 miles) so wore a 14" denim miniskirt - and got many positive comments ("Looking good!" "Man in a skirt - WOW! Cool!" were the best of them. Several others settled for a thumbs up and the rest didn't bother at all.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Gymswhirled

Post by Gymswhirled »

Gents,

Thanks for the encouragement. Over the weekend it was really hot and humid and I was working in the garden harvesting fresh strawberries. I appreciated the cooling breeze in my Komando Kilt.

Keep the faith.

Jim S.
Gymswhirled
Jim
(a/k/a Gymswhirled)
New York Metro Area
True Hetero MUG