New Guy

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
bjones

New Guy

Post by bjones »

Greetings,

I discovered this forum just poking around, and happy I did. I have owned a skirt for about 6 months. I now have three. Started wearing them around the house, then occasionally outside after dark. I never wore one around other people until yesterday. I took a 3 mile hike in a regional park in the foothills east of the San Francisco Bay wearing my Running Kilt. As many others have experienced, I passed seven other hikers and none noticed and/or reacted to my attire.

I think this site has actually given me the confidence to be skirted in a public place. I think I'll take another hike tomorrow.

Thanks
Man in a skirt

Re: New Guy

Post by Man in a skirt »

Welcome!!

I'm new here too, and I've just started going out skirted as well. Take a look in the get-together section, I'm trying to see if anyone wants to meet up in San Fran or Sacto... (or somewhere nearish..)
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Welcome! And well done. Confidence is the key. I hope you'll find the people here helpful.

Pete
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Man in a skirt wrote:Welcome!!

I'm new here too, and I've just started going out skirted as well. Take a look in the get-together section, I'm trying to see if anyone wants to meet up in San Fran or Sacto... (or somewhere nearish..)
Hmmmm, a group hike in one of the East Bay parks could be an interesting meetup. Before it gets too hot and dry would be nice. The problem is ticks are reported to be fierce this year.
Last edited by skirted_in_SF on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

A warm welcome from this side of the Pond too! I have been wearing skirts for a little under 3 years :) but unfortunately my wife disapproves :(

I did have a holiday in SF last year spending 2 weeks there (of which 3 days were in the Grand Canyon and Vegas area) Saw a couple of blokes wearing skirts or kilt-like garments when I was there.

Enjoy your new found freedom! 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
luvtoskirt

Post by luvtoskirt »

This is becoming a trend in the bay area maybe. If I can ever find sometime off it be cool meet up someplace just to know common interests.