Re: Howdy!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

I introduced myself a few posts ago, and am really beginning to see how widespread this is, but the more I learn the more facets of MUG's I find...

So... I find myself in a quandary, wondering where exactly i fit in...

I have yet to own a kilt, or sarong of other official MUG. (it's in the works...) BUT what I do have are 2 plain skirts from the womens side of walmart. I dont wear them to look femme feel femme be femme (and I'm not going to wear heels, makeup, etc...), or anything like that, I wear them because: they are longer than kilts, and I'm not comfortable with short clothing, also, for the price of one kilt, I could buy a whole rack of these skirts...

so am I a freestyler or a Man looking for the right MUG? (I'm working on getting pockets in the skirts I have as well as getting some custom made...)
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Hi! I'm still never that certain as to what a 'freestyler' is, but consider myself not to be one if the term refers to the choice of 'anything goes'. Just wearing a skirt without getting too bogged down with trying to make a hard to miss statement is probably your intention. Skirts don't usually get noticed that much on males nowadays as there are so many takes on fashion sense going about the streets, people have generally stopped worrying about what others are 'into'. For me the ideal skirts are those which have belt loops and hopefully at least two pockets, and a plain colour, and usually knee length for public use, but less, for better comfort, if I'm stuck at home for the day. It's true that a whole bunch of skirts can equal one or two kilts. Either do the job of replacing pants, in their own way.

Pete
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Man in a skirt wrote:< SNIP > ...I find myself in a quandary, wondering where exactly i fit in...

< SNIP >

so am I a freestyler or a Man looking for the right MUG?
Why do you feel the need to belong to a praticular group? I don't.

The way I see it, if I were wearing trousers [Fx]spit[/Fx] I'd just be a guy. If I take the uncomfortable clothing off and replace it with a skirt (be it short, long, pleated or plain, a kilt or a piece of cheap junk-wear from Primark) I am still the same person; just a guy. The only difference is that in a skirt I am more comfortable and probably happier as a result. Why do I need a new label?

My advice would be to avoid over analysing; go on being yourself because, as Tubby the Tuba said, "...you can't be anybody else".

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Apparently you feel a need to improvise. This makes sense. If you are considering garments other than kilts, the selection of MUGs is meager. Unisex unbifurcated wear also seems scarces. (When women were trying to go the other way, how often did they feel compelled to borrow mens' trousers?).
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Man in a skirt wrote:I introduced myself a few posts ago, and am really beginning to see how widespread this is, but the more I learn the more facets of MUG's I find...

So... I find myself in a quandary, wondering where exactly i fit in...

I have yet to own a kilt, or sarong of other official MUG. (it's in the works...) BUT what I do have are 2 plain skirts from the womens side of walmart. I dont wear them to look femme feel femme be femme (and I'm not going to wear heels, makeup, etc...), or anything like that, I wear them because: they are longer than kilts, and I'm not comfortable with short clothing, also, for the price of one kilt, I could buy a whole rack of these skirts...

so am I a freestyler or a Man looking for the right MUG? (I'm working on getting pockets in the skirts I have as well as getting some custom made...)
By your description you “fit in” perfectly here. We are just MEN that wear skirts as men. We just want to see skirts defeminised and become a unisex garment just like pants have for women. :D