New, From Channel Islands (UK)

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
ThisIsMe

New, From Channel Islands (UK)

Post by ThisIsMe »

Hey,

So I'm new here, I'm now heading towards my early-late 20's (still trying to hang on to my youth somehow).
Never been out in public as yet, however it's something I find very hard living on an island.

So, This Is Me!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New, From Channel Islands (UK)

Post by Kirbstone »

And the Top o' the Mornin' to you, ThisIsMe. I see you live on an even smaller island than I do, and I can't help envying you your youth. Being a sailor lad who kept a boat on the Hamble in Hampshire for some years I am familiar with your exciting tidal races, ranges and swinges round your islands.

Which one has the honour of having you as liveaboard? I have an old colleague friend who emigrated from England to Jersey a thousand years ago with his missus and still lives there, also I have a niece married to a professional racing sailor living there. Haven't been for a while mesel', though.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
ThisIsMe

Post by ThisIsMe »

I'm from the smaller (and rightfully better) island :).

Gota to say I do love living here, I think it's great apart from a few little things.
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

A warm welcome from Holland!

Jan. :welcome:
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Welcome! :cheers:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

And a warm welcome from Scotland! - the land of men in skirts (or at least kilts anyway!)

Make yourself at home.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I can only assume you mean Guernsey (States of, and all that), but in descending order I have also visited Alderney, Sark & Hurm. It's amazing just how well the lights of St Peterport illuminate those 275 foot cliffs on the West side of Sark at midnight.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
ThisIsMe

Post by ThisIsMe »

Thanks for the welcome,

and yet you got it, Guernsey. (p.s. the other island is Herm) However, extra points for getting St. Peter Port right, most people from the UK call it St. Peter's Port.

On a different I still remember walking once. .... <ring ring, ring ring> (one my mobile)
Me: Hello
Them: What the F*** are you wearing?
Me: What?
Them: That T-**** .....

The Convo went on a little more (it was awhile ago and I don't really remember the details), turns out apparently I shouldn't be wearing Pink t-shirts.
(while I'll admit that this particular shade of pink i wouldn't normally wear, it shows the reaction from people I know). I think this sort of reaction to a guys pink t-shirt shows why I've not tried anything publicly yet.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: to the Skirt Cafe, "ThisIsMe" Many fun visits in your future. :D :D :D :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/