Greetings from California

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
calidude

Greetings from California

Post by calidude »

Hi there. Me here on California's Central Coast, SLO area. Not skirting in public yet, but really don't like pants. Never wear 'em at home, wife accepts and supports it actually. Plan is to do a vacation soon with me in skirts/dresses most, if not all the time. No real agenda here, just chiming in as i've been lurking now and then for a bit. No pics as of yet. Ok, that's it for now. ;-)

Thanks!
JohnA

Re: Greetings from California

Post by JohnA »

Welcom from the Inland Empire in southern calif.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome to the Cafe!
calidude wrote:Not skirting in public yet, but really don't like pants. Never wear 'em at home, wife accepts and supports it actually. Plan is to do a vacation soon with me in skirts/dresses most, if not all the time.
Does your Mrs support you being skirted away from home as well? (Wish mine did :( )

Re the vacation - go for it! Let us know about it in due course. Maybe it will give you the confidence to be skirted more regularly.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
calidude

Post by calidude »

skirtyscot wrote:Welcome to the Cafe!

Does your Mrs support you being skirted away from home as well? (Wish mine did :( )

Re the vacation - go for it! Let us know about it in due course. Maybe it will give you the confidence to be skirted more regularly.
Thank you, and yes she does! We're pretty open, honest, and accepting of one another. Yes, I know how fortunate I am. In so many ways.

And, hello JohnA, thanks you!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
luvtoskirt

Post by luvtoskirt »

Hi;

I bet San Luis would be very accepting of a guy wearing a skirt! I went to Cal Poly and wish I was still down there. I am in the San Jose area and get out in a skirt once in a while. Very cool your wife is supportive, mine is not. Go out and wear it in SLO!
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Welcome from San Jose! I wear skirts and kilts around here and have had no negative comments. Just a few second glances but that's about it. I'm heading down to San Diego for a small vacation and might be passing through SLO on my way back home, probably wearing a black skirt.

--Rick
calidude

Post by calidude »

Thanks all! And KiltedMusician, I'll look for you!
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

skirtyscot wrote:Welcome to the Cafe!
And a welcome from me too. :)
skirtyscot wrote:Does your Mrs support you being skirted away from home as well? (Wish mine did :( )
Mine does to a degree, but only when she isn't with me !

John
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

johnb wrote:
skirtyscot wrote:Does your Mrs support you being skirted away from home as well? (Wish mine did :( )
Mine does to a degree, but only when she isn't with me !

John
Same here, but I call that not supporting me! She doesn't mind, as I can tell from the tone of her "Are you going / Did you go out like that?" when I am going out or coming back from somewhere skirted, but only if it is not in our town.

Not intended to be a criticism of her. It's not what they expected from me! She and the children are still trying to put off the dreadful day when someone we know sees me skirted.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Coastal_hiker

Post by Coastal_hiker »

Hi Calidude,
Great to know there's at least one other in the Central Coast area! I hike the central coast skirted all the time especially Morro Bay to San Simeon. I planned on doing all the peaks in various skirts. So far I did Bishop Peak (SLO) and Valencia Peak (Montana-De-Oro SP) in denim skirts and also Cerro Alto in the original Mountain Hardware kilt (prefer it to the new one). My wife too is very positive about it. At Christmas we both hiked one of the coastal state parks kilted. We have a great time in skirts and I find I get less and less shy about it. As you know, life's too short to think about it too much.
Man in a skirt

Post by Man in a skirt »

we should have a California meet up! (Sacto here, at least temporaraly)