New member here

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
billschatz

New member here

Post by billschatz »

Hi, the name is Bill. I’ve been wearing kilts for about seven years. I’m up to about fourteen different kilts right now. I’ve been retired for a few years now and decided to start enjoying life.

The U.S. kilt manufacturers are now making kilts in solid colors with either cargo or hidden pockets. I think of this as a bridge between the traditional tartan plaids and a skirt. My latest addition is a black pin-stripe with hidden pockets from Utilikilt. I get nothing but compliments when I wear it and I wear it everywhere including church on Sunday.
I wear kilts so often that I don’t even pay attention anymore. When I first started it took a bit of nerve just to leave the house. Now, it’s no big deal. I spend the whole weekend in kilts now and love it.

As I said, the newer solid kilts are a bridge to the skirt. I have quite a few skirts in a variety of lengths. I prefer above the knee and I’ve even started ordering kilts just above the knee or about 21.5 inches. I’m not quite so bold with the skirts. I will wear them at night while taking walks but haven’t ventured out into the more public places, but that will come. I want to get my weight down a little more. I’m vain in that respect. If I’m going to be seen in a skirt, I want to look good.
I tried cross-dressing and to be honest, it’s just too much work. I much prefer to just be a guy in a skirt.
That’s it for now. Keep up the good work.
Bill
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: New member here

Post by crfriend »

Welcome aboard, Bill. Thanks for the introduction. If you're looking to be just a guy in a skirt, you've found the right place.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New member here

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: