A younger skirt wearer new to SkirtCafe

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
DannyL

A younger skirt wearer new to SkirtCafe

Post by DannyL »

Hi there,

I just recently found this site after about 5 years of experimenting with alternatives to trousers but have yet to consistently wear them out with confidence. It started with a fascination with tights and leggings which, of course, necessitate another garment to cover the privates (unlike for girls). The types of skirts I own are shorter than knee length, but not quite mini, and mostly are non-male specific, all purchased from Ebay and other such sources due to financial limitations. I am currently a university student in California, although since I am in a pre-medical curriculum and not in the arts, there is really not too much opportunity to stray from conservative dress during the week.

My hobbies include drawing, music, and swimming. I play the trumpet in my university's wind ensemble. I am also a part of the anime community (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime) so I enjoy going to conventions and I am learning how to sew and build props so I can cosplay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay).

-Danny L.
Uncle Al

Re: A younger skirt wearer new to SkirtCafe

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome: DannyL :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi DannyL,

Good to hear about younger people wearing skirts - and now starting to try them "in the wild". Great stuff!

Hope to hear more from you in due course.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
luvtoskirt

Post by luvtoskirt »

Great to see another skirt wearer from California. I am always a bit surprised being the progressive state we are that its not more usual to see guys out and about in skirts. :D
DannyL

Post by DannyL »

Yea same here. I've lived in California for as long as I can remember and I have only seen one guy is a utilikilt. Not surprisingly it was in downtown LA.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Welcome :D
Dale

Post by Dale »

Welcome. Don't be fearful about wearing a skirt in public. It might seem funny; but some people don't even appear to notice. I have never gotten any harassment or bad comments, although I have gotten some stares, and a few "double takes". Be yourself, if you project confidence you will most likely have no problems. I wear a skirt everywhere I go.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome!

I find that a double take from a stranger gives me more confidence. Each time it gets a little bit easier to ignore.

So go for it!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

I think I have only had a double take twice, and I am skirt most often. I think people just look and then dont care and thats if they even notice.'But in saying this, if you are wearing a skirt that is out of place and doesn't go with what you are wearing people will be less approving. In my experience, if I am wearing a skirt in a stylish way people accept it as a alternative sense of fashion and all is cool.