Hello from Terry

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
terry1206

Hello from Terry

Post by terry1206 »

Hi from Terry in Australia. Just found this site its great . I have being wearing skirts a lot for about 5 years now have wanted to wear them since I was in a young teenager I am now 52 so have being trying to suppress it for a long time. I hope to chat with you all in the coming months, years whatever
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Terry

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Terry,

Good to hear from you - hope you enjoy reading about the experiences of others - and let us know a bit more about you.

I am 57 but have only been wearing skirts for two years (kilt for another 5 before that)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
henri

Hello to Terry

Post by henri »

Hi there down in Australia! Hope you are warmer there than here in the UK. It's just bloody cold here!
I am a few years older than you but have worn skirts and stockings at home for a long time, and after getting nowhere with counselling, I thought 'Sod it' and started wearing skirts out-doors.
I have problems with getting comfortable garments to wear underneath, long-enough stockings, warmer ones for winter, and a comfortable suspender(simple plain) belt to keep it all up.
Still as I have looked through back posts, I'm not alone!
Cheers H
:)
Last edited by henri on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Welcome! :green:
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

Hi Terry

A big Aussie welcome from Tasmania.
Its fantastic to see the numbers multiplying on the south side of the equator! Interesting we are similar ages, there seems to be something about not being afraid to be an individual that comes to the fore as we get older.

Looking forward to sharing experiences in the future and welcome again :D :D :D

Rob
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Terry. Ya don't need to :hide: around here. Lots of friends to be made. :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Hello to Terry

Post by crfriend »

henri wrote:I have problems with getting comfortable garments to wear underneath, long-enough stockings, warmer ones for winter, and a comfortable suspender(simple plain) belt to keep it all up.
Wintertime, for me, is a time for very long heavy skirts, fairly heavy legwear, and also, primarily to tame the unruliness of some of my very long skirts -- petticoats. Beyond making the skirts behave themselves somewhat, they also provide quite a bit of extra warmth, which then the temperatures get into the single digits (F; -15 or so C) is most welcome. These aren't the "frou-frou" ones that tend to be used more for cosplay than anything else, one is a simple basic heavy cotton job with a couple of long ruffles near the hem and the other is a lighter synthetic fabric with a couple of layers of tulle between the inner and outer layer down towards the hem; the former is warmer so long as I stay dry.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!