Just joined so saying Hi to you all

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Just joined so saying Hi to you all

Post by skirtingtoday »

Just joined this site a few days ago – so thought I should put up some info about myself. (I have looked in as a guest for a few years but only just now registered)

I am one of the “auld yins” who has, just around two and a half years ago, discovered the comfort of skirts. I have had a kilt which I’ve worn on a few occasions each year (Xmas, Office parties, Ceilidhs etc) and have had it since I was 50. I have noted my “first time” in a real skirt (a denim miniskirt) elsewhere so no need to repeat it and have had many other “first times” such as bus journeys, train journeys, air flights, taxis, shopping at my own local supermarket, shopping in that man-only domain of DIY shops, charity walks and so on.

In all the reaction has been absolutely nothing to speak of – just a few double-takes and a couple of :-O’s from a couple of elderly ladies was extent on the negative side. :shock:

On the positive side, however, I have had women say, “Wow!” “Looking good” “Man in a skirt! Cool!” “You’ve better legs than me in a skirt” :roll: as well as many thumbs up from others which is terrific for confidence-building. :D :D :D

My son thinks it’s cool but my wife, unfortunately, doesn’t like the idea at all – she’s not even that keen on the kilt either, but does accept it for very special occasions (30th wedding anniversary for instance and Xmas). :( :cry: I find the kilt rather heavy for everyday use so read up on various web-sites about skirts – not sure how I came across it initially but think it likely to be in a Google search for kilts which brought up links to various man-skirts sites.

See you around
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Milfmog

Re: Just joined so saying Hi to you all

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the introduction and welcome to our little corner of cyberspace.

Sadly a wife can often be the hardest person to convince as well as the one we most want approval from; I guess that is just another manifestation of Murpheys law.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

A big skirted welcome to you :D

I am one of the lucky ones. My wife helps me choose what to wear.
Maybe by letting your wife look through this forum with you she might see that there is a significant number of us out there and it is not really that strange.Just men trying to express who they really are at any moment in time.

Enjoy your new freedom.
Rob
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Welcome. I can honestly say that I have never felt as comfortable as I am in a skirt, and will be skirted as much as possible. I wear a skirt everywhere now. Enjoy life, you only live once and don't worry, my experience is very few people either notice or care if a man is wearing a skirt.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Milfmog wrote:Sadly a wife can often be the hardest person to convince as well as the one we most want approval from; I guess that is just another manifestation of Murpheys law.

Ian.
Thanks to you all for the greetings and kind words

Ian, how true that is in my case! I think she mainly objects to the short skirt length (I prefer around mid -high) despite the fact that that is my more usual shorts length. I may try and see what her reaction is to one of the longer ones, which she hasn't actually seen yet. Perhaps she thinks that I only have the short ones... who knows if it will make a difference.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

skirtingtoday wrote:
Milfmog wrote:Sadly a wife can often be the hardest person to convince as well as the one we most want approval from
I may try and see what her reaction is to one of the longer ones, which she hasn't actually seen yet. Perhaps she thinks that I only have the short ones... who knows if it will make a difference.

I'd say that you should let her see them so that she does not find them later and think that you've been hiding anything from her. If that happens, and she is already not too keen on the whole thing, then the obvious question in her mind will be "what else is he hiding?" and the result will not be happiness.

I doubt that the length is the real issue as far as she's concerned. A long skirt is unlike trousers in exactly the same way as a short one is unlike shorts.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: :thewave: :welcome: SkirtingToday
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Skirtyscot,

I did try the longer skirt and it was just as bad - no way will she entertain wearing it in the the house. :cry: Very disappointed in that. Just wishing that BHS or M&S or any other mainstream store(s) would stock the things - and soon!

Will still wear them outside though as I have no/few fears on that ground now. Today I actually had my first comment from a fellow :!: - and it was very positive. :D (noted it under FIRSTS pages)