Howdy..

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Patricia

Howdy..

Post by Patricia »

Well hello to everyone. I been wearing skirts now for a long time I find them to be very comfortable, personally I like the long gypsy style teired skirts for the moveability and have always loved the look. I was named befor I was born and all the great famiily physics said I was going to be a girl so I was named Patricia Danielle but when I was born well I had more parts than expected, but I'm just the average guy that loves wearing skirts...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Howdy..

Post by STEVIE »

Hi
and welcome to the cafe. There is nothing in a name, I know a guy called Primrose, as were his Dad, Dad's Dad, Dad's Dad's Dad and so on.
My own given name is Stephen, my Grandmother's maiden name. The best they could do as "male" names were foreign to my predominately female family. Welcome again.
Steve.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Rule 5 of the house rules states: 5. No female screen names (unless you are a woman). We are committed to gender honesty.

I personally have no opnion on this. As a new member, it's possible you didn't read the rules before you joined. Everyone else goes by the rules, Perhaps you should also. Otherwise, welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy our little home away from home. :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Pat.....:

Simply done - Male or Female just shorten the name to "PAT" - gender neutrality.

Male or Female all are welcome at the SkirtCafe Forum even though the basic
theme is "Skirts & Kilts for Men".

Sometimes that an important view; comment; criticism from the other side of the
aisle can make the skirt wearing transition for the male a bit easier for all of us.

So "Pat" if you have trouble changing your name just let one of the admins or
mods know to help you.

:welcome:

"Kilted-Or-Skirted-Welcome"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

Since1982 wrote:Rule 5 of the house rules states: 5. No female screen names (unless you are a woman).
It's his name, and he's a guy, therefore it's not a female screen name, it's his name. Telling someone that their actual given name is, traditionally, associated with the opposite gender is rather akin to telling blokes they can't wear skirts.

Paul.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I wonder; Is he a spoof/spammer, is he genuine, anyway, one post only and he gets shot down for his name, whether genuine or not. Now we probably will never know if he was genuine,

Well done guys! Shoot first, think later!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Firstly: Welcome Patricia. Feel free to jump in to any conversations that catch your interest.

Secondly: May I remind the board that new forum members are moderated for a while. If the Moderation team are not happy that a poster is genuine the forum members will never see the post at all. (This happens far more often than you might suspect).

In the case in point, Patricia was asked about the choice of name and gave an explanation. Like all new members he will remain on the moderation list for a while, in the meantime he has the benefit of the doubt. May I request that if you are unhappy about something you contact the moderators, either by PM or by reporting the post, rather than a post in open forum. Men in skirts are rare beasts; let's try to avoid alienating any who come here to share their experiences or fears.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

As I said, I have no pro or con opinion of this. Looking up the name Patricia in Wikipedia and Webster's Dictionary, this is what I got:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PatriciaCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Patricia, in English pronounced /pəˈtrɪʃə/, is a common female given name of Latin origin. It is derived from the Latin word patrician, meaning "noble. So is Sue,(short for Susan) as in Johnny Cash's song,A"Boy named Sue"..All I said was it's just not a usual name for a male.

Personally, I don't care what the site decides. It's not my site and I have no say in how it's run, nor would I want one.

All I have to say personally is: If the site is going to make up rules about names, they either follow them or they don't follow them. I don't care one way or the other way.

This isn't the first time this has been discussed. A couple of years ago one of our male members changed his sex to female, changed his name to a female one and everyone accepted his new persona.

Nothing wrong with Patricia either. I didn't make the rules or list them. Someone in charge here did. I just brought attention to it. Maybe the site should change that rule and allow female names on males. That's their decision. Not mine. :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Skip,

To paraphrase something you've written here many times:

If a name belongs to a man, it is a man's name.

As I previously pointed out, the moderators had taken a decision based on communication with Patricia and that decision stands.

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

hi Patricia - delighted that you are here. Please ignore the argument over by the jukebox and join Carl and me for a drink at our table.

Welcome to the cafe!

Chris (which is a name some women have, too)
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

On names, under www.thinkbabynames.com it says that Patricia is also used as a boys name.

I personally know a Vivian (who is also a bloke) and that is normally associated as a gril's name - again the website noted above confirms it too is also used as a boy's name.

And on the name Chris, I also know a schoolteacher very well of that name who is a woman.

Anyway, hope you haven't been put off by the comments above - welcome to the site and I hope to see you back.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

First thing that came into my head was the 'Shirley' joke by Leslie Nielsen in Airplane.

Welcome anyway! :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It looks like Patricia hasn't looked in our our little domain since late September and likely will not do so again thanks to grief provided by one member who decided to get officious.

Milfmog stated the facts on the matter -- that the user had been politely asked about the choice of name, and the moderators were happy with his response, a polite cogent response at that. Hence, we let his name stand. 'Tis a pity he got driven off.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dale

Post by Dale »

I must agree with crfriend. If my first post had been met the same way; I would never have posted again. I notice that Patricia only has had the one post. When I was a child I used to be teased extensively because of Dale Evans, the name of Roy Rodgers female companion. Some names are unisex. I have a male friend that has the name of Francis. Normally seen as a female name. Let us be a little more open-minded here folks. If his name is Patricia, so what, I thought the bloke did a good job of explaining why his name was what it is. We need all the members we can get, and not drive people away. There is strength in numbers. If it is his name then it is a male name, it takes a little bit of courage to use your own name as a screen name anyway, I did. I Admit, I gave it much thought before doing so, but I figured if I am going to wear a skit in public anyway, why try to hide. I would expect better from independent free thinkers, which I believe that most men willing to wear a skirt are. Sorry about preaching, however we need not drive potential member away. Has anyone ever noticed another post from this bloke? I have not.