Another new guy

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
gerrycola

Another new guy

Post by gerrycola »

Hello! My name is Gerry and I am 25 years old. I wore my first skirt when I was about 8 years old. It was a simple denim mini that belonged to my neighbor. She wanted to trade clothes one day and I agreed and now here I am 17 years later and still wearing them. Up until three weeks ago I was solely wearing them indoors, but now I figure that isn't the answer. The public needs to be aware that there are guys who are comfortable wearing skirts and that won't happen unless I go out in public and get them used to seeing it. That's my take on it anyway.
I am a chemist by trade, I like reading, staying informed on current events, watching football (not American football) on TV, enjoying nature, Asian cultures, and comic books.
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another new guy

Post by ChrisM »

Welcome Gerry!

I am a 53 year old college professor who wears skirts to school (not always, but enough so that it's not a secret.) So I say 'well done' to you and I look forward to hearing more from you in coming weeks.

Cheers!

Chris
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Hi Gerry, Its great to see another younger guy here. I am 29 and live in Australia. I am now skirted in public and have always an excellent response. Its time that men are free from trouser tyranny and have a masculine option of skirts. Its great to here you are starting to go public, this is the key to making a change and removing this stupid taboo and prejudices against men. Be incouraged, if you wear a skirt in a masculine way you with have no dramas in public, and people on this site can help you with and life time of information. You are so correct when you said
gerrycola wrote: Up until three weeks ago I was solely wearing them indoors, but now I figure that isn't the answer. The public needs to be aware that there are guys who are comfortable wearing skirts and that won't happen unless I go out in public and get them used to seeing it.
It used to be unacceptable for women to wear pants, but now it is completely normal. Once people start to see men wear skirts it will quickly become normal.
gerrycola

Post by gerrycola »

Thanks for the welcome messages guys I appreciate it. I look forward to sharing stories and advice with everyone here.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: