Introduction

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Nolyn

Introduction

Post by Nolyn »

It is encouraged to introduce ourselves when we first register, so here I am. I am from the midwest of the US. I am interested in a wide range of subjects and activities. I like running reading and traveling. I am not someone to do things just because its always been done that way.

It has seemed strange to me in our modern world that there are more clothing choices of clothing to wear for women than there are for men. I enjoy the feel, for instance, of nylon, but it is diffecult to find well fitting garments made for men, made out of nylon. I would like to have the freedom to wear a skirt of some kind, but nothing is available in the common stores. Stranger still, there are more and more, garments available for women that I would consider quite masculine, but it isn't considered correct for men to wear skirts.

Which brings me to a question for you veterans: Where can one find a masculine looking skirt or dress? I don't want to dress up like a woman, but I would like to wear a skirt that looks good on my masculine frame. Any suggestions?
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Introduction

Post by owen »

Welcome. It's a very popular subject here, where to get skirts that work well on a guy, and if you stick around you'll learn a lot here. A couple of the more popular suggestions would be Utilikilts (made for men), various other skirts made for men such as the Mountain Hardwear El Kommando, and women's hiking skirts that you can find on Ebay. Cheers!
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Welcome to skirtcafe, I would agree with Owen, Hiking skirts can be a great choice as they can look masculine. Ebay is a great place to buy cheap and experiment with what looks good. If more of us guys wear skirts publicly in a masculine way then we will hopeful start seeing skirt options for men in mainstream stores. I agree, there is no variety or option in men's clothing, but places like skirtcafe seek to change this.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: Nolyn, looking forward to chats with you. Again, :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Nolyn

Post by Nolyn »

Thanks for the welcomes and great suggestions.