Hi from Australia

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Hi from Australia

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Hi, I would like to introduce myself. I live in Queensland, Australia. I have always loved the skirt, and hope to see it return to men's fashion and accepted in society as an appropriate garment for men, as it was for thousands of years. As a fundamental Christian I can say that the western attitude that says "skirts are for women and pants are for men" is Biblical, historically and culturally ignorant and incorrect. I am not promoting, crossdressing, feminisation of men or the blurring of gender lines. rather I am promoting the idea that the skirt(and even dress like) garment needs to come back to men's fashion. I am often disheartened by the restricted fashion of men, yet for women there is great liberty and diversity. I personally feel that the skirt is one of the nicest garments and can and has been always worn to enhance the masculinity of men throughout history and just down right looks good on men. I believe that many men would not have ever felt the need to crossdress if they were freely able to wear skirts in public that were made for them. For many years growing up I felt different because I liked the skirt. I would always see the pleated skirt in school and sports uniforms and longed to wear them. Only after learning more about the history of the skirt did I come to realize that these skirts that I desired were actually designed from men's kilts. I view my taste differently now, knowing that a pleated skirt is a wonderful garment to wear and look at, as it was originally designed by and for men. I am sick and tired of going to the shops dominated my women's clothing stores or into Target to find that the woman's clothing area and diversity out numbers the men's clothing area by 10 to 1. I say, enough is enough, let bring back the skirt! made for men, to make men look and feel good as men!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi from Australia

Post by RichardA »

g'day mate & :welcome: to the site
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

RichardA wrote:g'day mate & :welcome: to the site

Erm yeh, wot he said!

Welcome, it looks like you and the cafe are made for each other!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
tiberius2209

Post by tiberius2209 »

Hello skirts4men - I completely agree with your ambitions as I feel the same way.

Tiberius
In the 200,000 years that the humans of today have been evolving, men have spent over 99% of the time wearing skirts as the norm! 'Wear' are we going wrong?