Hello from southern Michigan

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
ramoninaskirt

Hello from southern Michigan

Post by ramoninaskirt »

I'm glad I found this site because I have been wearing skirts around the house for a while now and am thinking about buying a kilt or two to wear out. I just need a nudge to get me out in public.Back in april I was in Lansing for a labor rally aginst our new gov.,and there was some guy in a tan kilt. I was amazed here were thousands of construction workers and no one said a word to this guy or hardly gave him a look. This got the wheels turning in my head,'maybe I was blowing the whole skirt/kilt wearing thing out of proportion' to what it really was and is. Guys wearing what they want. I look forward to the wisdom and advice that I know is here. By the way I'm no spring chicken I'm 65 and retired but am staying active. I attend old car shows and I was thinking about trying out a kilt at these shows. Good idea or not ?

Thanks !
ramoninaskirt
' not just another pretty face'
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from southern Michigan

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Glasgow Jimmmy

Post by Glasgow Jimmmy »

Welcome to Men's Fashion Freedom.
erik the viking

Post by erik the viking »

Hello and welcome, i'm new here too. I didn't realise there is so many like-minded people. :D
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

ramoninaskirt wrote:Back in april I was in Lansing for a labor rally aginst our new gov.,and there was some guy in a tan kilt. I was amazed here were thousands of construction workers and no one said a word to this guy or hardly gave him a look.
This lack of reaction is reported by poster after poster as they first start wearing kilts or skirts outside their usual comfort zones. As we get more used to being kilted / skirted and our confidence increases, becoming more obvious to others, the limited reactions seem to vanish completely. You've been lucky to see the lack of interest a kilt can create rather than having to take the bull by the horns yourself. It's been said before, but there is no doubting the truth that most folks are so wrapped up in themselves and the things that fill their days that they simply don't have the time left to pay attention to how people they don't know are dressed. (You should expect more reaction from those closest to you, that may be positive, hesitant or good natured micky taking or most likely a combination of reactions but it will be more of a reaction than you get from strangers).
ramoninaskirt wrote:I attend old car shows and I was thinking about trying out a kilt at these shows. Good idea or not ?
If you are comfortable in your choice of clothes, the chances are that folks around you will be unconcerned. Ultimately there is only one way to find out for sure, but all the evidence I've seen for myself or read on this 'ere electric interweb thingy seems to say "Go for it; it will be a total non-event for everyone else, but very liberating for you".

Have fun and welcome to our little corner of cyberspace.

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ramoninaskirt

Post by ramoninaskirt »

I want to say 'Thanks' to everyone. I know the people here at Skirtcafe are sincere and committed and I'am just so lucky to have found you.I have been making excuses to myself for not buying a kilt. Like I have to lose some weight is the main one. I know now I was just BSing myself. I have decided by the end of this week I will order my first kilt.Im really leaning towards a Sportkilt and entry level one. I know the day will come when I will order a better one but with my weight not where I want it yet I think this will do for now. At least I'll have something to wear. I really am pumped up about this. I will wear a kilt to the car shows and I'll be sure to take some pics. or the cars and me. Thanks Again !
' not just another pretty face'