Hello from Leicester UK.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
E-J_Leicester

Hello from Leicester UK.

Post by E-J_Leicester »

Hello everyone.

I am a very unconvincing cross-dresser but I think that I may actually just want to wear the skirts and dresses rather than be in the whole transgender thing. I have very long, girly hair which I often plait or put girly slides or clips into (I like the look and feel of it) but also have had a long beard for thirty years! I love to wear skirts with otherwise ordinary ‘Male’ clothes as the getting fully cross-dressed can just be too much effort for no real return. It may be that I just need to not feel the constriction of trousers.

I tend to wear below the knee length as, although I have good legs (especially in heels) I feel more comfortable with my legs covered somewhat. I have never liked wearing shorts. I tend to go for the skirt equivalent of trousers eg ‘combat’ skirts with lots of pockets to put all my bits and pieces in, even when fully cross-dressed I never really went for a handbag (US = purse?).

I use a ‘Femme’ name on-line as I am not sure yet where I am on the whole M-F, trans-spectrum thing. Sorry if this upsets anyone, I don’t mean to offend but I would prefer to be able to take part in the discussions as I am rather than have to create a new on-line identity. Is it any worse than using a non-human name?

E-J.
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Leicester UK.

Post by ethelthefrog »

Hi, E-J, and welcome to SkirtCafe. While it's possible that some members might point out that this isn't a CD site, you've clearly already grasped that adequately.

What's in a name, anyway?

Personally, I don't feel the need to pin myself (or anyone else for that matter) in any particular location on the CD/TG spectrum, or any other spectrum. Humans like to compartmentalise each other, but I was forced to give that up myself a few years ago, and have discovered that it's much easier to get along with myself if I don't try to stick myself somewhere (as I keep moving), and it's easier to get along with others if I don't try to pin them down either.

What I think I'm failing to say is "welcome" and don't worry too much. You are you, and we will (should) take you as you are.

Paul.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: E-J
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi E-J
It took me an awful long time to realise there was an alternative when wearing a skirt to full on cross dressing. I too have a beard and am now on a whole new journey of skirting.
Welcome to the cafe, it has been a huge help to me and I'm sure you'll find the same.
Steve.
ziggie

Post by ziggie »

I don't have a long beard, it's actually rather neatly clipped most of the time, but I too have had it for a long time - coming up now on forty years. That would just make the whole crossdressing thing just too difficult. Kilts and skirts are a different thing, though. I feel that I can express my individuality without going to extremes.

Welcome from another newbie.
I know, I know, I really need to post an Avatar.
SkirtedMouse

Post by SkirtedMouse »

Hi E-J, and welcome to SkirtCafe.

Nice to see somebody else from the Leicester area!

I read your comments with interest as much of what you say strikes a chord with my own personal experiences.
I tend to wear below the knee length as, although I have good legs (especially in heels) I feel more comfortable with my legs covered somewhat. I have never liked wearing shorts...
I too share your preference for the longer skirts as I do not like to show too much flesh. However I fully appreciate that is my opinion and some here in the forum prefer to wear shorter skirts and bare their legs.
...I am not sure yet where I am on the whole M-F, trans-spectrum thing...
I am evaluating where I am on this scale - initially I started out as a 'man wearing a skirt' but how now moved onto a only slightly more 'femme' look by delving into androgeny. I'm not sure if I will continue into a full trans state, but have just started taking some professional 'advice' to help me see where I am going with this.

Reading this forum has been a great help to me here, and I hope you find the discussions useful too.

SkirtedMouse