If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skafloki

Post by skafloki »

Hey there! I'm a newbie here, and couldn't find the intro section, so I'll just relate my own story. I always thought it was a little weird, the idea of guys wearing women's clothing, and at the medieval fairs, I kinda thought that the only reason some of these guys were wearing kilts, was a safe way to wear a skirt, in public. But the idea stayed buried in the back of my head. Then last year, I was working outside, at my house, it was 113 degrees F outside. I was wearing some cut off jeans, but I was still hot and the jeans were restricting my movement. So I took some scissors, and cut thru the crotch. WOW! What an immediate difference. I felt cooler, and freer, more able to move about. And when I walked, it was a sort of sensual feeling as the denim material floated around my legs. So later, I took another pair of denims and cut them a little shorter, and thru them in the washer, and presto, a sexy little miniskirt. I put it on and I love it. I wore it over to my girlfriend's house, and she like it too. (She like to peak underneath, which is just what a guy likes to dream of doing with a woman).
So one day, I had some work to do at a female friend's house, so I wore it there, and she was all smiles. She followed me around, enjoying my legs, and took my picture.
Now I'm not interested in dressing like a woman,or wearing makeup and high heels. I like being a man. I lift weights, I'm in good shape, and I like having women enjoy my body, just like I enjoy looking at a sexy girl.
I just wish I could wear my miniskirt anywhere I want, without getting hassled, but I think those days are in the future.
rogerbigfish

Re: newbie

Post by rogerbigfish »

Hi,

You have described exactly how I felt the first time I wore a skirt instead of shorts. It is a complete feel of freedom of movement without restrictive clothing. It is the most logical and natural way to dress and I really cannot understand why men abandoned this way of dressing in favour of trousers.

Given the choice I would wear a skirt every day but the predudices placed on family and friends by society in general would lead to their discomfort and embassement, though not mine. I do not want to put them into the situation where they are asked to justify my choices. So I skirt at home and away from the local community. A shame but it is slowly getting easier.

Roger.
skafloki

Post by skafloki »

rogerbigfish wrote:Hi,

You have described exactly how I felt the first time I wore a skirt instead of shorts. It is a complete feel of freedom of movement without restrictive clothing. It is the most logical and natural way to dress and I really cannot understand why men abandoned this way of dressing in favour of trousers.

Given the choice I would wear a skirt every day but the predudices placed on family and friends by society in general would lead to their discomfort and embassement, though not mine. I do not want to put them into the situation where they are asked to justify my choices. So I skirt at home and away from the local community. A shame but it is slowly getting easier.

Roger.
Well Roger, trousers were invented, or maybe evolved is a better word, by people living in colder climates. And they make perfect sense. Sure I like my skirt, for warmer days, but I wouldn't want to wear it every day. That would take the excitement out of it and if I were to do that, I would be trying to prove a point to myself and everyone else. As I said before. I have no interest in becoming a woman, just a little more freedom for us men.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

trousers were invented, or maybe evolved is a better word, by people living in colder climates.
Not really. Trousers were evolved from wrapping leather around the legs to protect the legs from the back of a horse. Trousers pre-dated saddles by some 20,000 or more years, probably back to some early cave people who wore leather kilts. The Romans saw them on wild tribes they domesticated and pre-empted them for battle horses.
There are records in the American Museum of Natural History in NY NY of sewn hair coated leather tubes worn by cave people before horses were brought to the North American continent by the Vikings that settled some Green Land that they found after a long looooooooooooong wild ocean voyage and later named "Greenland" (how original). :alien:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

A sensible and logical development in my view. At age about ten my mother took my nearest brother and I up the 'Gap of Dunloe' near Killarney while on holiday in Kerry. We boys were both in our normal shorts and at 'Kate Kearney's Cottage' they require everyone except old age pensioners to mount ponies or horses for the ride up the 'Gap'. Pensioners & disabled are allowed ride up in jaunting cars, like those seen in the film 'The Quiet Man'.
It is a distance of about five miles up to the top of the Gap from that Cottage and the ponies proceed slowly at a walk. They are not to be influenced by the rider's 'aids' or commands. That was OK for us, but as soon as we turned round for the return ride back down to the Cottage the ponies took off at a canter, again not to be influenced by anything the rider tried to do, and by the bottom our inside thighs were very sore and chaffed indeed. Neither of us could walk comfortably for days! Our mother was alright, as she wore golfing trews and didn't get chaffed at all.
So I'm all in favour of wrapping leather around legs for horse riding, but maybe jodhpurs & tall riding boots are the thing nowadays.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !