Time to stop lurking...

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
SkirtedMouse

Time to stop lurking...

Post by SkirtedMouse »

Greetings,

Been lurking here for a while, getting to know the forum etiquette and the regulars, but thought it was time to speak up.

I first got into skirt wearing about 18 months ago (I'm in my early 30s), when frustrated that my wife had stopped wearing skirts, I jokingly said to her that if you don't want to wear skirts any more, then I will wear them!

She didn't believe my 'threat' so after a couple of weeks I took one of her black, knee length, A-line skirts and put it on - I was hooked. The comfort was unbelievable and the feeling of the fabric swishing around my legs when walking and climbing stairs was wonderful - I just wish I had discovered this sooner - I imagine that most others here feel the same.

Today, I wear skirts and kilts on a daily basis to work (I'm an IT engineer) and out to the shops etc, but have to wear trousers when with my wife! She gets upset when she sees me in a skirt, as she still thinks men should be of the 'strong Alpha-male type' - something which I am most definately not.

I'll fill in other bits of my story in due course, and also sort out a suitable picture soon - don't want to be thought of as being another 'A+J'!

Skirted Mouse.

(now waiting to see how long it takes since1982 to reply with his :welcome: smilie!!...)
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Re: Time to stop lurking...

Post by nicothoe »

Welcome!!!

My wife has gotten used to my skirts, has stolen/borrowed a few of mine, and is even going to crochet one for me....after she has finished her own, of course! That said, I still think she prefers me in pants.

I have never been much of the 'strong Alpha-male type' either - don't care much for sports, pubs, or fast cars! Come summer, I will pull out my white, pink and brightly colored skirts, all of which I enjoy wearing.
Be Bold. Be Skirted.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Welcome SkirtedMouse,

Had you been at Leicester Forest Services (Northbound) at about 14:30 today you could have wandered over and said Hi. I was easy to spot in my green Macabi skirt. I am working in the North-east this week, sadly health and safety rules (and good sense!) prevent me wearing a kilt or skirt in the factory, too many moving parts, but I will be skirted or kilted in a variety of pubs and restaurants in the evenings.

My wife still hesitates when going out with me in a skirt, but she is slowly getting over it. She is far more sensitive to my clothing choices near home than she is elsewhere, however as she gets more used to me being skirted at home she forgets how I'm dressed more often and frequently only remembers once we are out that she has forgotten to ask me to change. The lack of any bad reactions is steadily building her confidence. Slow progress is frustrating but we are going in the right direction. I wish you well in your personal quest to change the way she reacts to your clothing choices.

Don't feel a need to post pictures unless or until you are comfortable to do so; A+J hit too many other credibility barriers not to get called out, but very few other people have ever been asked to post pictures unless they want to.

Have fun here and feel free to join in as the fancy takes you,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: O Great Skirted MOusie! :D :D :D :faint: :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
SkirtedMouse

Post by SkirtedMouse »

Milfmog wrote:Had you been at Leicester Forest Services (Northbound) at about 14:30 today you could have wandered over and said Hi. I was easy to spot in my green Macabi skirt. I am working in the North-east this week, sadly health and safety rules (and good sense!) prevent me wearing a kilt or skirt in the factory, too many moving parts, but I will be skirted or kilted in a variety of pubs and restaurants in the evenings.
Hi Ian,

I live just 5 miles west of LFE services... let me know if you are passing again!

Regarding H&S rules, I caused a bit of a stir on a building site last month where I was commisioning some new display screens for a new bus station in Wales.

I was wearing full safety wear comprising hard hat, hi-vis jacket, safety shoes, gloves, and a calf length black pleated a-line skirt with solid black tights. I attracted a lot of looks from both public and other workmen (the bus station had been opened to the public but was not yet finished), but I did not receive any bad comments which I hope is a comfort to those skirt wearers who have yet to be skirted in public - as many have said here, its all about being confident and looking confident with what you are wearing. I thank the members of this site for this.

Anyway, after a couple of days the building site manager took me aside to have a word, he said that whilst I was wearing all the proper safety gear as required by the site rules, the rules also stated that skirts are not to be worn by WOMEN however there was no rule for MEN and therefore I had found a loophole. He asked me if I could refrain from wearing a skirt again until the works have been completed, and that he will have to get the rules amended incase this happens again in future!

Oh well, it was worth it for the chance for a few thousand people to see me in a skirt working, and to change the rule book of one of the UK's largest building contractors! - I spotted a few people taking pictures on their camera phones, but have yet to find them on the internet... :(

Mark
SkirtedMouse

Post by SkirtedMouse »

SkirtedMouse wrote:(now waiting to see how long it takes since1982 to reply with his :welcome: smilie!!...)
Not bad Skip, only four and a half hours! :hide:

Mark
(the mouse)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

SkirtedMouse wrote:[...] Anyway, after a couple of days the building site manager took me aside to have a word, he said that whilst I was wearing all the proper safety gear as required by the site rules, the rules also stated that skirts are not to be worn by WOMEN however there was no rule for MEN and therefore I had found a loophole. He asked me if I could refrain from wearing a skirt again until the works have been completed, and that he will have to get the rules amended incase this happens again in future!
I have to admit that I find this story completely hilarious at a number of levels! Of course the right thing to do would have been to accede to the site manager's request, but the image of him trying to convince his superiors on the "no skirts rule" because one of his guys showed up wearing one is just over the top.

Set the scene -- the conference room adjacent to where the Big Boss (BB) meets with the Site Manager (SM) from the Welsh bus-station build-out:

SM: We need to change the "no skirts" rule.

BB: Why?

SM: Because one of my workers showed up in a skirt the other day.

BB: Didn't you tell her it was against policy?

SM: It was a guy.

BB: You have to be kidding!

SM: No, really. One of the men showed up for work, had on all the specified safety gear, and was wearing a skirt.

BB: Somebody please call security. This man has flipped.

I'd be hesitant to wear a skirt out at a construction site, not so much as for what others might think but rather that I'd rather not get my "good clothes" all ratty.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtedMouse

Post by SkirtedMouse »

crfriend wrote:I'd be hesitant to wear a skirt out at a construction site, not so much as for what others might think but rather that I'd rather not get my "good clothes" all ratty.
The site was nearing completion so it was not full of dust and rubble (it had already partly opened to the public), I was just there to commission the display systems so the skirt was not a problem from a getting dirty point of view. Plus the site manager did not tell me until my last day working there, so unfortunately I will never know what happened about the rule change, but looking back on things I can see your point that it could be a very funny conversation!

I wish I had some photos to show as it sounds so unbelievable...
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Not bad Skip, only four and a half hours!
O Great mOusie, I dOn't Live here, I Only stOp in fOr a while every day at variable times. Usually, late at night Or very early in the mOrning EST. :faint: I am nOcturnal yOu see, frOm many years Of prOfessiOnal bullynetting frOm 8:pm est tO 6:am est. :yellow:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/