Who is Mindermast?

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Mindermast

Who is Mindermast?

Post by Mindermast »

Hi all! I am 48, from Hamburg, Germany, and I have always felt restricted in the choice of my clothes, especially, but not only, when it comes to casual wear. In order to wear skirts, I need more confidence, but I often ignore other fashion rules and wear whatever I think suits me as a man. Women have had their liberation in quite a few aspects of public life, it is time for the men to catch up. I am not the typical protagonist for such things, but I add my efforts where possible. So here is my definition of what fashion should accomplish: Make the wearer look good and feel comfortable, while being appropriate for the occasion (i.e. party, work, sleeping etc.). I like the officially granted freedom of thoughts, but often, when I think about fashion, I do miss the reality of it.
Milfmog

Re: Who is Mindermast?

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Mindermast,

Welcome to one of the most comfortable corners of the internet. Confidence comes from experience, and although reading how little trouble is experienced by others here is helpful, you will never really believe how little reaction you get while skirted until you do it for yourself. I found this forum only after I had been wearing skirts for a while (more kilts than skirts in those days) but the boost I got from reading that others felt as I did and that they too had no real problems in the world outside their front doors was a great help to me.

One of the most noticeable effects that wearing skirts has had on me is a significant increase in my self confidence. I am far more comfortable being myself in all situations now than I was; from my perspective that is a win.

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to hearing from you as you discover how easy it is to live your life skirted.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Welcome to Skirt Cafe, Mindermast! :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Moin Mindermast!,
We now have two contributors living in Hansestadt Hamburg. Another new member Hugo says he lives there. I wonder if the two of you might meet up ?

I plan a visit to Hamburg in September and have tentatively spoken with Hugo of a possible meet at the keyboard of his piano playing Schubert or Brahms duets.....Skirted!

Welcome aboard, und viel Spass!

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

We haven't heard from you for nearly four months, so topics have gone a bit stale, now.

My visit to Germany for this Shantychor festival is now only four weeks away. Regrettably I have only been able to secure flight bookings which leave no extra time to indulge in a meeting in Hamburg.
When my flight gets into Fuhlsbeuttel on Sept.4th I must take the bus/taxi straight to Keil-Holtenau to join my friends on the Segelschiff. At the other end of the week I need to leave them in Laboe in order to rendesvous with my flight out to Dublin on Sunday 11th afternoon.
Any other arrangement would have proved far too costly for me at the moment.

Sorry. Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !