new guy - 18 year old

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
crggrg

new guy - 18 year old

Post by crggrg »

hey fellow skirt wearers, just a little but about me, 18 year old currently in 1st year at uni and i prefer wearing skirts to trousers anyday of the year. I just find them so much more comfortable, i think the 1st time i tried one on was out of curiosity at about the age of 8 just to see what it was like and i was hooked, i could just not understand why girls were allowed to wear these comfortable garments yet us guys could not.
i found scondary school so depressing by the fact that i had to wear trousers every day of the year yet all the girls could wear the most comfortable skirts ever.
until i went to uni the only time i could wear a skirt was one of my sisters or mums when they were out, almost got caught a couple of times but they still don't know, but now i am at uni and have my own place i have purchased my own skirts and can now wear them around the house whenever i want (which is most of the time)

craig

ps. while wrting this introduction i am wearing my liverpool football shirt (won today for once) with a size 12 black acid wash mini skirt
Uncle Al

Re: new guy - 18 year old

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Craig and :welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Craig and welcome to the café.

You don't say where you are (I'm assuming UK based on the football shirt, I don't imagine Liverpool have many overseas followers :roll: ).

From your post I get the impression that nobody else knows you like to wear skirts, however Universities are amongst the most accepting places in the country so I suspect that when you do decide to go public you will find, as most of us here have, that it's no big deal to anyone but you. Expect some ribbing from friends and roll with it and pretty soon everyone will stop even noticing how you're dressed.

Have fun,

Ian. (Formerly at Loughborough but sadly did not discover the comfort of skirts until some years later)
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

Hi and welcome.

I'm in Cambridge (not the one in Gloucs), but haven't really been permitted to wear skirts outdoors yet. The couple of occasions I have done have garnered a grand total of zero comments from strangers and amused acceptance from friends.

Top garments indeed.

Paul (nearly twice 18 years old).
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Welcome Craig, :welcome:

Skip...18 times 4 minus 3 years. aka 69.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Good to see some younger men on here.
This will never become acceptable in the mainstream unless the younger men adopt the fashion.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

phathack wrote:Good to see some younger men on here.
Indeed!
This will never become acceptable in the mainstream unless the younger men adopt the fashion.
Well, there has been some conversation here that if the notion really took off and gained mainstream acceptance it'd blunt some of the impact that it has now. That's not to say I would mourn the "loss" of the trouser-only stricture, nor would I fret one bit about the average bloke paying more attention to what he looks like, but it would make me stand out a bit less (at least style-wise; I'd still stick out because of my height).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Carl said: Well, there has been some conversation here that if the notion really took off and gained mainstream acceptance it'd blunt some of the impact that it has now. That's not to say I would mourn the "loss" of the trouser-only stricture, nor would I fret one bit about the average bloke paying more attention to what he looks like, but it would make me stand out a bit less
Who is that speaking??? All I can see is a hem and the lower edge of a waistcoat! The man's head seems to be somewhere up in the clouds. :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Gmerc

Post by Gmerc »

Hi Craig

Welcome - like you I'm new here, & as everyone else seems to be throwing maths at you, I'm you x 3 + 1 (it's so much easier than stating bald numbers). I'm in Suffolk which is about 100 years away from almost anywhere.

Hope Uni is a blast & that you get yourself a beltingly good job & an excellent life!

Graham