Kilted in New Jersey

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Jayce

Kilted in New Jersey

Post by Jayce »

One of my five sons is having a Celtic Wedding next year and wanted all the males from our side of the family to wear kilts. I jumped at the idea as an opportunity to wear a kilt in public for the first time in 60 years. In preparation I purchased an Irish Kilt from Sportkilt.com and have been wearing it around the house. When my wife asked me to go with her to a neighbors two doors away I FROZE - I wasn't yet willing to try my legs out in public. Since then I've bought two generic kilts on eBay.com and a fourth from Kiltmart.com. So far I've only worn them to family functions, around the house or in the yard. However, this January I plan on taking my wife out to eat while kilted. PS: my screen name is a pronunciation of my "nick" name J.C. short for James Craig. Is there a way to add a photo to my posts? I tried to cut and paste but it didn't work. Jayce.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Kilted in New Jersey

Post by Since1982 »

House Techie and Ass. Admin CRFriend can tell you anything you need to know about inserting pictures in posts here. He's the best. :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Just click on "Post reply"

Scroll down the next screen till you find the "upload attachment bit" then click on " choose file".

Chose the picture to upload, keep to lowish resolution

That should work.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Big and Bashful pretty much nailled it with his comment, but I will caution that most of the sub-forums here at SkirtCafe are publically accessible not just to "guest visitors" but also to search-engines. If you have even the slightest concern about images of yourself getting "out there" on the 'Net, I would recommend hesitation to post any imagery on publically-accessible spaces.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

By the way, welcome to Skirt Cafe! *hic* That's the tawny port speaking, but hey, it's CHRISTMAS!
Jayce

Post by Jayce »

I have a few photos of me in a Kilt on FlickR - so I'm not leary about being seen on line. I'd like to use one of these pics as an avatar and post the rest for this site to peruse. I'll figure out how to do this eventually. Thanks for the suggestions, Jayce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It's possible to upload your own avatar via the "User Control Panel"; the maximum size is 80 x 80 pixels I seem to recall. Any of the usual photograph formats should work.

As far as the enlarged fonts go, those are there for emphasis; using such a font for an entire post LOOKS LIKE THE OLD USENET WAY OF SHOUTING. Most folks will have adjusted their browsers for the size and style of fonts that they like and find easy to read; changing it on them can be jarring. Thanks.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

crfriend wrote: As far as the enlarged fonts go, ...
Suits some of us ancient mariners quite well; all the other posts on this forum are barely readable for me with specs.

Thank you, JC.

Martin