I love denim

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirted.alan

I love denim

Post by skirted.alan »

Hi all,

I've been a lurker for a while, watching and listening to what you guys are all about. I wear skirts, mostly denim, along with a full beard and shaved legs. I have only recently "gone public" after 5 years or so wearing a skirt around the house. My wife loves to have me skirted all the time.

I'm still pretty timid about going out. Your group has done much to increase my confidence. And who knows, maybe I'll have something to contribute.

Alan
Uncle Al

Re: I love denim

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi and :welcome:

Glad to have you aboard :!: Also that you have a very supportive Wife :D

As a suggestion, take your wife to a shopping mall. You'll never get
noticed, but if you do, it will be a non-event with plenty of supporters.
Especially with your main supporter by your side :)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
skirted

Post by skirted »

Just take the plunge and go out with your wife. I have a girlfriend, who my/will become my wife and she love me in a skirt. We have been out togheter with me wearing a skirt, but no comments, did get some second looks, but who cares about that. In fact when we get togheter the first thing she says is go put on a skirt.
Check out the posts by kodiak, and show them to your wife. as that is my other half.

skirted
skirted.alan

Post by skirted.alan »

Shopping mall? Oh boy. Gonna have to work up to that one. But I have been on road trips in a skirt with my wife. I think I'll post the stories in Freestyle later.

Thanks for the welcome.

skirted.alan
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirted.alan wrote:Shopping mall? Oh boy. Gonna have to work up to that one.
Sometimes it's best to dive into the deep end feet first and get it over with. You'll eventually notice that folks don't even notice a denim skirt on a guy unless it's really short or really long; it'll get mistaken for shorts and forgotten about. So, a shopping mall makes great sense. If you're worried about being "found out" by folks who know you, pick a mall some distance away from where you're likely to be recognised.

Good luck with it, and welcome aboard!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
kodiak

Post by kodiak »

Wear the length of skirt you are most comfortable in and if you can see if your wife has or can get one that is simular to it. Wear them out together so you match at least from the waist down. Skirted and I started doing this, one it gets me back into wearing skirts again and two to give him a sence of security. We have defused a few comments by being in the same style of skirt looks you will always have. Right now we have three that are close in style denim, black velvet, and a summer weight nylon in a bluish green color and we are looking to expand the collection. Both skirted and I prefer skirts that are long and flowing so there wasn't much compromise there but color choice that is another story that we are working on.
Skirthead

Post by Skirthead »

welcome alan, hows the weather in tucson now?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: :welcome: Do you mind if some of us lousy typists just call you "Alan"? To me, Skirted.alan confuses my tired old brain because we already have a member named Skirted. Plus, since you're here as a member, we know you're skirted, so that's a given.

Anyway, welcome to the site and enjoy many future interactions with the membership. :D :D :D

I love denim too. I have 3 A-lines in white denim, 2 A-lines in pale blue denim and 5 straight knee and 2 straight mid-calf dark blue denim skirts converted from denim trousers. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirted.alan

Post by skirted.alan »

Sure, you can call me Alan, '82. Thanks for the welcome.
I mostly have above-the-knee straight denim skirts and a few long A-lines

Skirthead, the weather here in Tucson is almost record breaking, today (Dec. 12) it's supposed to hit 80F.
The mornings are too cool for a skirt so I'm wearing (horrors) pants for my morning walk.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Welcome to Skirtcafe. I hope you have many happy times of posting.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

skirted.alan wrote:Sure, you can call me Alan, '82. Thanks for the welcome.
I mostly have above-the-knee straight denim skirts and a few long A-lines

Skirthead, the weather here in Tucson is almost record breaking, today (Dec. 12) it's supposed to hit 80F.
The mornings are too cool for a skirt so I'm wearing (horrors) pants for my morning walk.
Welcome to the forum.

Anyway, to compensate for things being too cold in the mornings, may I suggest getting some black or some other toned down color soccer sox? That should help keep you warm. I wear skirts year round here in WA. Typically with heavier kneesox in the winter to keep my legs warm, then trouser sox in the summer.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
kodiak

Post by kodiak »

Hey just a note on the sock thing look at kilt socks you can get those in differnt blends some wool and they come in different length and colors. Skirted has two pair one bluish that just comes to the knee and a white pair that go way over the knee.