I'm new, just joined.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Oiltasters

I'm new, just joined.

Post by Oiltasters »

I am a male, now in my early 50's, and have just started to try wearing skirts. I find that I love the feel and the comfort, especially in the summer! I am married and my wife thinks it is weird, which doesn't help at all. Nonetheless, I have taken to enjoying the comfort and freedom of wearing skirts whenever I have time to myself. I would luv to see this become more commonplace and acceptable. Enjoying reading messages from all of you who are leading the way and providing much encouragement!

Thank you!
Uncle Al

Re: I'm new, just joined.

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi and :welcome:

Please tell us more about yourself and your location.
You're not alone in the desire to have skirted garments
for men as common as (Ugh) trousers :D

BTW - Fresh coffee and pastries are usually available
after 4 PM CDT. So, grab a cup and join us on any of the
conversations around. (You might want to pour the remains
of your water glass onto the potted palm 8) )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & welcome
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

That may be the world's oldest potted palm. It definitely needs a bigger deeper pot. I keep adding dirt to displace the dirt washed away by various left-over liquids, both cold and hot ... It's so tall now, one needs to watch out for falling coconuts when passing underneath the cococlump at the top of the trunk. Good thing we don't have 2 of them...ie: "Dueling Palms slinging coconuts around the meeting hall".. :hide:

All that aside, :welcome: :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Welcome aboard, Oiltasters, and also welcome to a larger more comfortable world.

"Oiltasters" is a rather unique moniker. Out of curiosity, does it have any history to it?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

I will join with the other esteemed members in welcoming you to the cafe. As a relatively new member myself, I can heartily sympathise with you in your wifely difficulty. My own wife was completely weirded-out by the idea at first. I found that showing her the skirtcafe "this is not a crossdressing forum" thing really helped her to accept the idea of her man on a skirt.

If she likes slirts herself, you might try pointing out the advantages that she will already have experience of. It's only fair to let you have those too. If not, there are certain anatomical considerations that mean that skirts are a better idea for guys anyway.

Either way, she is entitled to her own feelings on the matter. Reassure her that a garment isn't going to make you gay or want to be a woman. On the other hand, gender equality must go both ways or it is meaningless as a concept.

Wishing you well,

Paul
A+J

Post by A+J »

Hi and wellcome

Good luck to your skirt wearing.