Still not sure

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Knocker

Still not sure

Post by Knocker »

Moderators' note: This individual posted his last discourse at the same time as the now-infamous "Alf Huckham" incident from an IP address strongly correlated with that act of vandalism, so it was quite understandable for the staff to lump the message in with the rest. In fact, the original message was only left standing because it was the least offensive of the crop. Caveat lector.

Good afternoon all. I havent been here for a while and I was pleased to see that my original post is still here even though it has been locked. I was saddened to see that I had been classed as ' a troll ' merely for voicing my opinion which strays from the accepted norm of this forum.

I have taken the time to read many posts but still feel that what you advocate is far from acceptable in normal life although, it is interesting.

I am a happily married man with two children and as an experiment while my wife and two daughters aged 6 and 8 were out I put on one of my wifes maternity dresses...just. When they came home my two daughters were in hysterics at the sight of their dad in a dress and my wife thought I had flipped. I then got changed and showed her your site and my original post. My wife is a degree educated, professional and broadminded lady. Her reaction was '' inadequate perverts. ''

Your comments please.
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Still not sure

Post by ethelthefrog »

Fashions drift with time. 60 years ago, pink was a boy's colour. In many parts of the world, it is normal for men to wear skirts. In our Western culture, such dress is not usual this year, but I can see no reason why it should be unacceptable. We are justifiably proud of our tolerance; we do not force our women into veils, neither do ww prevent them from wearing trousers. This site simply recognises the double-standard in our culture and provides a place where people can meet who challenge it.

In addition to the above, we recognise that not all clothes look great on all people. If you looked a bit silly in a maternity dress, you are probably among the majority here. That said, you have the right to wear one if you want without people telling you need medical help.

Paul.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Gee Thanks Mod Staff. Just the kind of post we all have been fervently waiting to read.......NOT. Doesn't bother me, but some of our members have "gentler" mentalities and may be really hurt by his wife's response. I can only hope not to see much more like that. :blue:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

This is a bit of an object lesson of just how narrow minds can be, and how hard it is to expand them. It's also an object lesson that just because somebody has alphabet-soup following their name that they have intelligence and an open mind.

It's interesting that after all this time, this one decided to come back and "have another go" at us (mainly because the others are all deactivated and banned), but "his" presence is useful as a reminder than not all folks are capable of independent rational thought. I wonder if he'd be so rude in person.

I found the story about the maternity-dress rather funny, as well as his kids' view of their daddy in a dress -- especially as daddy "knew" he was doing something "wrong" and got caught. This is something completely different than taking pride in one's appearance and trying to refine it to the point where a rational mind cannot dismiss it out-of-hand. Stupid people always will, and there's precisely nothing that can be done about that -- recall that the amount of intelligence in the universe is a constant and the population is increasing.

Echoes of this are useful, and, I think, may help keep us on our toes. I've yet to be challenged in any physical manner because of my attire, but that does not mean I never will. I suspect that if I am, it'll be by a herd whose members are incapable of independent thought; it's then time to identify the leader and strike there.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

carl said: I wonder if he'd be so rude in person.
The older of us that have been wearing skirts for the longest times have already been exposed to plenty of people that rude in person and we just ignore them when they rear and expose their ugly minds to us. Hopefully, SkirtCafe's Mod Squad can keep that kind OUT. Hopefully... :?:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Knocker wrote:...I was saddened to see that I had been classed as ' a troll '...

Your comments please.
Good call by the mods.

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Wow. I'm not sure he's narrow minded, but he could see though a keyhole with both eyes....

I'm degree educated. In fact, I taught people on degree subjects before returning to the finance profession to do well. Thus, I am superior to your wife (haha) and thus my opinions prevail. Just joking, of course. Still, my friends and (important, this) my degree educated business owning girlfriend are all fine with who I am.

Inadequate pervert? No; adequately perfect if you don't mind :D
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

What are your degrees in Ray? I'm trying to figure out if I'm smarter (by degrees) than you. :D :D :D I have a Masters in Marine Biology, a Bachelors in Marine Taxonomy and a Masters in Oceanography. Didn't go for a Doctorate 'cause I ran out of money soon after my father died in 1967. A total of 9 years in college. My Alma Mater, is the University of Miami in South Florida, at the Rosenstiel School of Marine Biology. :D :D My life used to wrap around the job of an Elatinius Oceanops,(Neon Goby, a cleaner fish for large predators) when cleaning an Epinephelus Itajara.(Goliath Grouper, large predator, which used to be called the (ethnic name washed "Jewfish") :D :D

ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

BEng, Electronic Engineering (UMIST), for me, so I'm too stupid even to own a computer. :lol: