Hello from Rockwall, TX

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Hello from Rockwall, TX

Post by JohnH »

I am a 58 year old man who lives in a town about 32 km (20 miles) ENE of Dallas, Texas USA.

I started my skirting by converting 3 jeans into denim skirts, and then I had the audacity to wear them publicly to the objections of my wife. Then I bought 5 knee-length denim skirts that I wear except when I go to church and certain other occasions. The store-bought skirts are not nearly as noticeable as the home-made conversions.

I get virtually no push-back from the general public when I go to stores wearing the store bought skirts. Unfortunately there are some individuals at my church who objected when I came to choir practice wearing denim skirts.

There is the obvious comfort factor of not having a wedge of cloth rubbing against one's testicles. There is also an overlooked factor of modesty for men wearing skirts instead of pants as follows:
If one looks at the crotches of men wearing pants he can see the outlines of the testicles. We are used to that of course but I think that should be an argument in favor of men wearing skirts.

I go a little bit farther and shave my legs and paint my toenails. I frequently wear sandals with 7 cm (2 3/4 inch) wedge heels.

When the weather gets cooler I will buy longer skirts and pantyhose.
hydroman47

Re: Hello from Rockwall, TX

Post by hydroman47 »

Welcome John.

I'm sure you will find some interesting information and good company here.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Hi,
Welcome to the cafe!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome: JohnH
from a 'neighbor' to the south west of you :mrgreen:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

Welcome indeed. I, too, find wife and church to be somewhat tricky in terms of skirting. Hey ho. Persistence will win out.

EtF
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Welcome John. My real first name is John also. My nickname sort of stuck my whole life long, which is Skip. My father was John Sr. and he was a Skipper of a Charter Fishing boat, hence my nickname. :D

:welcome:

Did you say something about crocheying tentacles? hehehe
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/