Hello from Ireland

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Hello from Ireland

Post by Kirbstone »

Ireland is a village. With a total population of just 4 million everybody knows somethoing about everybody, so anonymity is a non-starter.
My little pleasure in skirt/kilt wearing must be confined to my house and grounds, i.e. private undulgence only. From a liketime spent rowing boats I have good legs and like to show them off, even if it's only to myself,
Dresses for me are a non-starter. Quite early on I discovered that although I'm a (girls' size) 14 at the waist, I have to wear size 18/20 to cover my shoulders & they don't make dresses that shape off the peg.
Short is the thing, but not too short. Anything from 17" (mid thigh) to 23" (knee) is fine. I have a few skirts and kilts that sort of length, which I find comfortable and fun to wear. I frequently wear thick tights with them, as I'm not into shaving my legs. Hose/tights look better & the thick ones are warm.
Recently I discovered Skating dresses. These are leotards with skirts attached, and can look great. Because of the elastic material I have no difficulty climbing into them and they hug my figure well.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Ireland

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: