About me

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
zizkov

About me

Post by zizkov »

P0216w.jpg
A long time ago I read THE PSYCHOLOGY OF CLOTHES by J. C. Fluegel and it made me think. I did not like the clothes I wore and pondered what I could do, the changes were small. The most significant was to throw away my underwear, this was in 1970. About 15 years ago changes become more interesting. I tried out skirts, women's underwear, high healed shoes and had fun. Did a little of this in public. Found that if I wore high healed shoes but otherwise mens clothes it was more or less passable depending on were I was. Or a skirt with mens clothes. Or a blouse with mens clothes, You get the picture. But if I put on heels and skirt - trouble!
I settled down and from all this experimenting knew I wanted comfort and sensuality; I definitely did not like the constriction between the legs of trousers and with no underwear for 30 years I was already use to freedom of sorts. Found the colour range of mens clothing limited and dull. The materials were over heavy and cumbersome. Various details I found fault with; the underarm restriction of mens jackets and shirts being an example.

10 years ago started to make changes again to address some of this.

Wonderful stretchy short stockings from China that come in a glorious range of 14 colours but In the summer bare feet. In the depth of winter I may use Levante wool stockings, but suspender belts do not like the lack of hips, and holdups are constricting.
I have found the need for some sort of underwear, if the trousers are wool, and I use either a half slip or the preferred full slip or shift.
I only wore female blouses. More choice of material, weight, colour, style and fit, a loose fit especially under the arm is my usual preference. Which way the buttons go has never worried me, and I doubt if anyone is bothered. In the last 4 years a dressmaker has made many of my clothes to my own design and she has put the buttons on the male side, amusing as all the buttons have been so far hidden. Jumpers follow the same rules and I prefer v-neck (If I have a slip under the strap may show but I get no comments about it.)

Shoes are flat or with a 1" heal. But for the most part it is Mary Jane and slip on, mostly from Footprint. Summer is Leather Birkenstocks.

I have seen men in long skirt and nobody seems to care, so surely I could also do it but…

Away from home I wear trousers I have designed, based on an indian ladies pair I found, they are loose and have a very low crotch. Over the years we have modified the pattern and come up with everything from formal to very lightweight casual. In all versions there are no flies just pull the waist band down. Or I use Thai Wrap Around Pants in silk or cotton; very loose and skirt like but they do have a crotch, and they are prone to the inadvertent flash, which if it happens innocently does not seem to worry people. I have also got drop crotch pants and further ideas are in the pipeline.
P0505w.jpg

I thing the adage get the shoes right first counts and one of my problems is I do not want heavy clunky shoes and that seems the usual way to de-feminise a skirt. A skirt with bare legs and sandals looks fine, my existing short stockings match a long skirt.
P0222w.jpg

Around the house and the neighbourhood I do wear skirts a lot of the time, especially in summer, and am happy to visit the shops or for the neighbours and friends to see, but nowadays no further afield. I spend my summer in a small central european village and they look askance at my current garb would they accept a dress?
Jack Williams wears a frock exactly as I would like to do. That seems the perfect garment for me, no constrictions and it looks good, and dare I say, Classy and very stylish!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Re: About me

Post by Mipi »

Welcome!

It's nice to feel free.