My intro

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
runfan

My intro

Post by runfan »

Hi to all. I'm glad to join this site bercause I discovered the pleasure of wearing skirts a year or so ago. I work on an organic smallholding and my usual wear had been jeans or trackie pants, but then after reading somewhere about men wearing skirts i tried wearing a denim skirt for work on the farm, and soon found out how practical it was. I keep to denim skirts because they are practical, and also there is no hint of me being a cross dresser, which I am not. I'm just a man in a skirt. This is a country district and I find that I can go around outside the farm in my skirt without any adverse comment, and it goes OK in local pubs. I wouldnt plan to go in a skirt in a big town, though. I'm also a keen cyclist, so I often am dressed in lycra cycle shorts, which again are pretty widely accepted without comment, but again also, there are places in towns where you wouldnt wear them. There are one or two times, I remember, when I've been in fairly revealing lycra pants (we all know the jokes about those) and I've put on a skirt for modesty's sake.
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My intro

Post by ChrisM »

Welcome aboard!

Chris
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I wouldnt plan to go in a skirt in a big town, though.
Why not? I'd think the response would be even less notable than in a small town. My experience in the 6 years I've been publically skirted is that in Big towns or Cities, most folks wouldn't notice you if you were dressed as a clown, a man in a skirt is just more ho-hum..They're busy with their own lives, they don't care about you.

:welcome: :welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & a big :welcome:
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Welcome among us, runfan! Your intro really has me thinking abut what society accepts in familiar contexts. Cyclists are regularly seen in coffee shops in my area in their lycra outfits and nobody bats an eye yet a man in a skirt often nixes an outfit for being the slightest bit revealing. Something is not right there.