21 year old skirt guy.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
markxchan

21 year old skirt guy.

Post by markxchan »

Hi everyone. I'm a young guy at 21. I've been wanting to wear skirts since I was a teen but I was afraid to be termed gay.

Gays are tolerated very much in my society(Philippines), however, I don't want to give the wrong impression, since I am still after females so I don't want to be identified as gay.

I was a member of this forum for a long time but didn't bother to post.
RyeOfTheDead
Distinguished Member

Re: 21 year old skirt guy.

Post by RyeOfTheDead »

Honestly, don't be so worried about people thinking you're gay. Some people will, some people won't and you can't control that. But if you like a girl, chat her up the same way you would if you weren't wearing a skirt. If she asks if you're gay then tell her you aren't, but don't make it an issue until it is. If you start by denying you are it might seem like you're trying too hard to cover it up.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

It's interesting I wonder how this "skirt = gay" came about
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I have been wearing skirted garments for 4 years publically now since 2005 and I've not had one (1) person ask me if I was gay or infer that I might be, or say anything even remotely like that.

I've found people that were curious enough to say anything directly to me are more interested in one of 2 things. 1. "Why the skirt?" which usually gets "Why Not?" There really is no intelligent answer to that one. I've yet to have anyone that can give me any kind of reasonable answer as to why not wear a skirt.

2. This is where the less intelligent people live. They usually start with "Are you Scottish? or Did you lose a bet?" The answer to that is easy, no and no. first one gets No, I'm not scottish and if I was, I might be wearing a kilt, which this isn't. This, is a skirt. Thanks for asking, bye! and I walk away. "Did you lose a bet?" Always gets "About what?... which gets "about why your wearing a skirt" and I respond with "No I didn't lose any bets, I'm wearing it because I want to." and I usually leave those ones standing there looking stupid and mumbling.

Being on the forefront of the new age and being a confirmed MAN in a SKIRT is a great thing. 30 year from now, when skirts for men are as mainstream as pants for women now are, people will look back at US as pioneers. I like that! :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
stefan

Post by stefan »

Well,

I have experienced the fact that some people think wearings skirts automatically makes you gay. I have a gay asking me about my skirt at a local reastaurant and when I told him about the comfort etc. he automatically said that he was homophobic i.e. implying that I was gays which of course is not the case. :( So there is a log of prejudice in society today even if it becomes easier and easier to be "unnoticed" dressed in a skirt.

/Stefan
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Many people on this board have reported that wearing a kilt can be a real female attention-getter. In any case, being yourself is usually the best way to find long-lasting friendship.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Kilts..........

For the guys it will be viewed as competition.....for attention.
For the gals it is a geniune conversation starter from the get-go.
The kilt magnet get's em everytime.

Enough said at this point!

"Kilt-And-Be-Noticed"
"Then-Have-Fun"
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !