Cafe patrons' ages

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.

How old are you?

21 or under
3%
21 - 35
14%
35 - 50
25%
50 - 65
41%
Over 65
16%
None of your BeesWax
0%

Total votes: 474

denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cafe patrons' ages

Post by denimini »

SkirtsDad wrote:
denimini wrote:I am in the 50-65 bracket, not far from the next, and have some trepidation about the reason for the big "drop off" in numbers.
The demographics are for people on this site, if I'm not mistaken, so internet usage etc. probably needs to be taken into account when looking at age banding. Additionally, there may well be cultural implications so, assuming it were a realistic cross section of the public, it is conceivable that certain generations have not yet found the freedom to express themselves. As they pass from one band to another, like yourself, then is it not likely to be the case that the numbers even themselves out a little more?
Thank goodness for that, I was thinking they were suddenly dropping off the perch at 66.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

At 35, I can choose one or the other. I can play it "young" and select the 21-35 group, or play it "mid aged" and choose the 35-50 group. Either one will apply!

However on December 27th of this year, I shall have to go "mid aged"... leaving behind the 21 group.... oh well.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote:At 35, I can choose one or the other. I can play it "young" and select the 21-35 group, or play it "mid aged" and choose the 35-50 group. Either one will apply!

However on December 27th of this year, I shall have to go "mid aged"... leaving behind the 21 group.... oh well.
Oh, you are so lucky you discovered skirts at a young age - I wish I had, although I wouldn't have had the confidence to wear in public as I do now.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon, always choose young. I'm 62 next month going on 35 and hopefully have a young outlook on life. Certainly not an old fogey, wearing high-waist trousers, a check shirt and braces along with the tweed-type jacket and flat cap. Shudder.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

About to reach 70 this year, Still riding a 500cc sports bike. I don't ride it far, too uncomfortable on wrists and back, lol. The cruiser that I have is still in bits and can't see it's revival any time soon ( a dowel dropped from top valve cover down onto the crankshaft, got crushed by teeth of gear and will not budge. Don't fancy the work to remove engine and tip it upside down- just for that)
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

over 65
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:over 65

:welcome:
I see you are just getting started here at the cafe, so pull up a chair and have a cuppa then tell us more about yourself.

Fred :kiltdance:

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
txmax

Post by txmax »

65 and counting
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Born in 1961 and looking good.

Chris
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Mid-1972 model.
jmiller842
Distinguished Member

Post by jmiller842 »

Hi gang. Been a café patron for about a year now, but haven't posted anything yet. I'm 54 by the way. I've been enjoying the wide variety of posts and topics here. My skirting is in its infancy, having only been out a few times. But I do have some stories to tell. I look forward to sharing my experiences and getting some feedback.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hello jmiller842,

Welcome to the SkirtCafe!

By all means share your stories, we all enjoy them. And, assuming the story you want to share isn't about the time that wearing a skirt inspired you to emulate Lizzie Borden, you'll get a lot of support for whatever it was that you did.

We all know how hard those first baby steps are.

Enjoy your skirting.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Hi Jmiller,

Welcome and would love to hear about your first outings in a skirt.

Cheers

Tes
smoothlegs

Post by smoothlegs »

early '48 model and still cruisin with only a few backfires....... :cheese: :roll:
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

53 years 8)
:kiltdance:
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)