Cafe patrons' ages

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.

How old are you?

21 or under
3%
21 - 35
14%
35 - 50
25%
50 - 65
41%
Over 65
16%
None of your BeesWax
0%

Total votes: 474

Heavy Duty

Re: Cafe patrons' ages

Post by Heavy Duty »

1949 model, needing a refit.

H D.
Heavy Duty
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I've decided to change my original "NOYB" response to an actual age. Since I can't figure out how to re-add to the poll, I'm 68 and will be 69 Nov. 1, 2011. One more year after that for my supposed 3 score and ten. I'm still a bit proud of the fact that my hair is still light colored, not stiff like gray hair and full with no high forehead or bald spots. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Oiltasters

Post by Oiltasters »

Turned 52 this summer. Would luv to feel comfortable openly wearing my skirts.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

RE: Oiltasters
You are running out of time (like most of us including me), best get going. Your comfort will come after many, many outings and realization that it really doesn't matter....
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
mountain-mug

Post by mountain-mug »

Add another 1949 model to the vote tally. If only I had discovered skirts earlier! Oh, well, must make up for lost time! I wear almost exclusively except for work. With the temperature range we have ( -30 F to 105 F) that gives me plenty of skirt options that fit the weather. And believe it or not, even in most of the extremes, skirts beat pants for comfort!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Add another 1949 model to the vote tally. If only I had discovered skirts earlier!
I hate to sound condescending but....blah blah blah...all us old farts have the same story. << 1941 here, wore them from birth to 9, again from 1970 - 73 and 1980-82. Then after finding this site in 2004, I went full public in 2005 and never looked back. BUT, I still missed out on 42 years of skirting I sadly missed. :( But now, of course wondering why I didn't keep at it, doesn't help. I can't make it up, but I can continue skirting until they stick me in a hole or turn me to ashes IN MY SKIRT! :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
klaatu

Post by klaatu »

I just turned 60 last week. I wear skirts at home every day. I even go out in them now and then. I wore nothing but skirts for a whole year not that long ago. even in public. Now I am going to do it again. I might even get brave enough to wear dresses in public or maybe even heels.... who knows. My only response is "WHY NOT"
klaatu

Post by klaatu »

WOW I didn't realize that there were so many of us in my age group!
vantage

Post by vantage »

Born in '50. 61 in September.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

I might even get brave enough to wear dresses in public or maybe even heels.... who knows. My only response is "WHY NOT"
One "Why Not" might be: Personally, I like my ankles healthy. There are millions of high heel wearers in the world with ruined ankles from those shoes, and the higher the heel, the more ruined the ankles are. Human feet are supposed to be no higher than the height of the arches that came with the model. Sometimes even the arches break human feet down after enough time. :D :D :D

Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I'm 54.
WyoProspector

Post by WyoProspector »

Oh well, might as well chime in. I'm 54 and have been privately wearing skirts and dresses ever since I found a dress in the barn where we moved to in 1971. I kept it hidden then and I keep it hidden now (from public that is). I wear skirts and dresses at home with my wife and kids every day. I travel (drive) in skirts almost every day. I went to dinner and WalMart while in another town recently just to give men in skirts some exposure. If I could just get over my insecurity it would be great. Wish they made utility type kilts 25 yrs ago. I'll wear them in public.
I can't think of anything to put here that won't offend SOMEONE.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

That's me added to the list - I seem to be in the most popular age zone 50-65 - and am slap bang in the middle at 57.5yrs ('54 vintage) and just a day before the 4 minute mile was broken.

Started skirts (excluding kilts) 2.5 years ago. Worn kilts for around 4 or 5 years before that.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

.....and I have had the pleasure of seeing both my sons compete on the track at the Iffley Road Stadium in Oxford where Roger Bannister did that amazing feat.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I too have seen the track for myself a few years back - our son was taking a physics degree there and he finished that just over a year ago.

(He is still there doing a D.Phil so we still visit Oxford several times a year)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels