New to this Forum

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
matt2225

New to this Forum

Post by matt2225 »

Hi everyone!
I'm a male, 43, From Central Florida. I really honor the approach of the Forum moderators and the purpose of Fashion Freedom that everyone here is uniting for. I too hate the common clothing items for men. Trousers, jeans, Slacks. Down to even the shoe styles are boring and look like boxes on you feet! LOL!

Thank you so much for being here, and allowing me to step in to you circle. I have the fashion freedom bug, its getting my wife to go along with it. If anyone has advice on getting the spouses on board let me know. Iam ready to move forward with with some more freedom!

till next time!
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New to this Forum

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome to the Cafe, Matt. Don't hesitate to speak up whenever you have the itch. And when you get ready, please share some more about yourself.
Seeya,
Sasquatch
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome:
Matt said: I have the fashion freedom bug, its getting my wife to go along with it.
That all depends on how much you want to look like her. If you click the link that says here in the blue section at the beginning of our site, you'll see what parameters we try to live by.

:welcome:

Meanwhile, welcome welcome welcome.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

:welcome: from the Scottish Borders.

Wives have to be introduced to the idea gradually. I had a head start living in Scotland where my wife encouraged me to get a kilt as costume for our Scottish Country Dancing. That was in 1993. When I injured my leg ten years later I first wore the kilt to work as donning trousers was impractical. It was so well received by co-workers and customers and was so comfortable that I continued to wear it regularly after my leg healed and I began to collect more kilts. She was a bit uneasy when my first non-traditional kilt arrived, a cargo model from Freedom Kilts with studs on the front and made of brownish grey carhardt heavyweight cloth, as this had big pockets and was not worn with the traditional sporran, but she soon accepted it once she saw that others were OK with it. Today I am sitting typing this while wearing a straight denim skirt with side vents which I will be wearing into town later and skirt wearing is no longer an issue. Of course it helps that she wore skirts when we first married and now she wears trousers every day.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
matt2225

Post by matt2225 »

I want to thank all of you for the warm welcome to this forum and the advice with getting my wife to get on board with my desires to expand my wardrobe options.

Since1982 "That all depends on how much you want to look like her." That is an interesting thought but I don't want to be perceived as a woman or any of the other labels that happens to go along with it. I'm 100% man and I intend to remain that way in apperance. Just give me more fashion freedom. Masculine look is what I would do as far as kilts, skirts, or dresses.

Thanks again for your advice! I'll just have to keep pressing forward!.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Here is another hearty hello! Welcome to the forum, Matt. :D
Inertia
Distinguished Member

Post by Inertia »

Hi, Matt! Let me add to the welcome. I'm a newbie as well, and this board is full of friendly people.

Cheers,

Inertia
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

:welcome: from the Scottish Borders.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/