Jack Williams

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Jack Williams

Post by Jack Williams »

Hi - Jack here. Apologies for not introducing myself before. I am in Kelston Auckand. Have been in "lava-lavas"(sarongs) around here for ages but only discovered Skirtcafe racently. I must say,(actually have commented on some of blogs) that the site and "Daredevils men in skirts" have been a huge fillip of confidence. In Auckand lava-lavas are not uncommon but not seen on the street much all the same. Have been out to beach and cafes etc in Summer but not too much around here. Of course there is a lack of pockets in sarongs and also they are really a summer casual thing but also the only kind of "men's skirt" you are likely to find in New Zealand other than formal kilts for Scotsmen. However with encouragement from Skirtcafe i have ordered from Australia an excellent 3/4 length denim skirt with jeans pockets. Will have to add a fob pocket for my change & bring the back slit up somewhat for the more "manly" stide i guess as it is really aimed at women. No tucks or anything tho just regular jeans-like top. Sure it "dresses" 'left hand' but t-shirt covers the top anyway. It is the norm to wear tops not tucked in in New Zealand which is good. I certainly enjoy this site and following the many exellent people met on here. I am an electronics teck, work from home always in lava-lavasd, different ones for different situations. Never get any reaction ever from neigbours, customers, passers-by or anybody but as i say not many bods out in them all the same. It really is high time i got a serious skirt and i can see that once ice has been broken i think the Levis will get a well-earned rest. Some friends are regular lava-lava wearers too though and if they dont see any in shops i often give ones away. Friends who have never tried one before are instantly hooked. I have also steered a few to this site.// It is Fashion Week here at present. I sent an email to the editor of fashion suppliment of a good newspaper i always get, the Sunday Star-Times mentioning "Daredevils-men-in-skirts" and Skirtcafe to find another world to check out. I do hope they do. All the best. Jack.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Jack Williams

Post by Jack Williams »

Jack back... my email address is: ecofan1@gmail.com Please get in touch!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hello Jack Williams and
:welcome:

Would you post the link to "Daredevils-men-in-skirts"

Thanks!

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Welcome Jack! That Daredevil site looks like a fun one to peruse and has lots of links. Al, I'm sure Jack didn't link the site because it isn't work safe or intended for all ages but that logo photo did make me smirk. :lol: A search engine will turn up the site easy enough.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

SkirtChaser,

Thanks! I just did a 'search' and found the site.

Interesting to say the least! :D :oops: :lol: :blue: :mrgreen:

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

Just an update. New email address: murray@ecofansound.com.