Good Day from Canada!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
FloralSkirt

Good Day from Canada!

Post by FloralSkirt »

Hey, I am new to this forum. I joined after my trip to the San Diego Comic Con. It was there that I was introduced to the beauty that is the skirt. I was in that open air mall in downtown San Diego, shopping. I saw a group, 2 women & a male. The male was wearing what looked like a skirt. SO I stopped & inquired. He told me all about the utilikilt booth at the con. SO off I went. I was in town for the con anyways. At the con, I saw another man wearing what looked like a skirt. I asked him about it & he LOL & told me he is running the utilikilt booth. He gave me directions to the booth. I tried & purchased their denim, pleated kilt. It looks very much like a skirt, which is why I got it. I wear it everywhere. I found that in California, men in skirts/kilts is no big deal. I noticed that in California, I got many compliments from women. They would stop me & ask where I got my kilt. Some would even tell me how good I looked in my kilt.

The story is different here in Alberta. LOL I wear it everywhere. I get some looks. I had 1 cashier at zellers ask me why I was wearing a skirt. I told her that I preferred it, its comfortable. I also heard a little girl ask her dad, "Daddy, why is that man wearing a skirt?" I responded to the dad & told him all about the utilikilt. He got a good LOL out of it, he was good humored about the entire thing.

I enjoy my utilikilt so much, I went shopping for womens plaid skirts. I figured since I have purchased, wore, & established the fact that I like kilts, I could pass off a womens plaid skirt as a type of kilt. LOL I purchased a wool plaid womens skirt & wore it to my parents place for supper. Of course my parents were not amused. My mom jokingly asked if I wanted to borrow her dresses. My dad asked me if I want to be a girl. LOL I explained to them & slowed they were ok with it. My mom even told me how to wash my womens plaid skirt. She told me that it is wool, so I will have to dry clean it.

My friends are ok with me in the kilt. They have not seen me in a skirt yet.

I want to get me one of those nifty camouflage womens skirts. Those look great & I notice they make those type for men on the midias site. So I can just say that I got it off the net on a site that makes skirts for men. I LOVE the new found freedom of wearing a skirt in the hot summer months. Women have been keeping this a secret for too long now. Pants are for suckers.

SO there you have it. I wear skirts as much as possible here in Alberta!

:D
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Good Day from Canada!

Post by Since1982 »

:welcome: :thewave: :thewave: :welcome:

Pull up a chair, put up your feet, grab a latte by the potted palm and take a rest!

:thewave:

By the way, a skirt on a man is no longer a "woman's skirt" it's a "man's skirt"!

:welcome:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Excellent, welcome to the forum!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

And A Hearty :welcome:
From Texas :!: :D

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

:welcome: from the Scottish Borders.
I wear my Midas camo print box pleat skirt quite often. Have worn it in Scotland and England and never had any problem with it being accepted as mens wear. When visiting Canada I have worn tartan kilts and a denim cargo skirt from Midas out and about in Toronto without any problems.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

Welcome to the forum!

That's an awesome story. It's very encouraging, as I have yet to go out in public in a skirt. I also live in California, and was actually down in San Diego just a week prior to comic-con. So sad that I couldn't stay longer and actually go :-(
mountain-mug

Post by mountain-mug »

Welcome to the Cafe! I am just a (long) stone's throw from Alberta. Well, actually, that rock can hit either Alberta or BC! Some beautiful country up there to skirt in! Enjoy the new-found freedom, and just wait till the winter rolls around! Hopefully you will discover that a long skirt with boots and tights can be quite comfortable even in chilly weather. As you know, it's not really cold until it is below 0 F!