Another New

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
JohnG2

Another New

Post by JohnG2 »

I am yet another new member, this time from the UK living near Cambridge. I have been a skirt wearer for as long as I can remember and that's a long time being 62. Unfortunately I tend to wear my skirts in the privacy of my home and occasionally back garden as my wife who knows and allows me to keep my skirts mainly in her wardrobe does not approve/understand my desire to wear comfortable clothing of my choice and refuses to allow me wear skirts when she is around. She does accept that I wear them when she is out and as I work from home this does give me freedom to a point. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to be able to dress as I choose and go about my business as a normal member of society. I must say that I guess I am envious of some members that can do just that.
I do like denim skirts and have six of various styles but do prefer the longer length ones. I also have quite a collection of other skirts following varying fashions over the years. I generally wear my ordinary shoes usually without socks but do have a few pairs of womans shoes and boots as I feel that a slightly higher heel works better with a skirt although a flat heeled sandal looks good.
There are some interesting topics discussed on this forum and hopefully I can make the odd contribution on occasions.
Regards
John
Milfmog

Re: Another New

Post by Milfmog »

Hi John and welcome to the Skirt Café,

Perhaps you could try pushing the envelope a bit further by wearing a sarong in hot weather? It might be something you could try on holiday or if we ever get a summer here in Blighty, sarongs are such a sensible choice in the sort of sticky heat we get in Britain when the temperatures rise that your wife might find herself able to accept it and if you were away from home where no one who knows her would see you that could lower the perceived risks for her.

Have fun here,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Hey Milfmog - the weather in London is lovely right now! Thanks for laying on this nice weather specifically for my visit!

Chris M

(Sitting in the library of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects, waiting for my symposium to begin.)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

ChrisM wrote:Hey Milfmog - the weather in London is lovely right now! Thanks for laying on this nice weather specifically for my visit!
I wish I could claim credit for it and had the ability to organise it. I'm helping to run a major fund raiser tomorrow for the local scout group and we cold really do with good weather, so fingers crossed...

Have fun and enjoy Blighty, although we moan about it most of us are pretty proud of our country really,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce