Renewed Hello

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
matman

Renewed Hello

Post by matman »

Well, I've been here a bit, off and on through the last couple of years. I don't think that the intro thread was up when I started posting, so I thot I'd just say hello today.

I don't have much time today to submit a fuller description of me, but I did think I'd comment on one recent observation.

I live in los estados unitos, more specifically in the great Northwet. I don't skirt out too much, as I am a professional in a small (80,000 pop.) community that is both rural and isolated (meaning 2-3 hours drive to any major cities).

I have noticed, however, that I am becoming less caring when I venture out into the front yard in my Mountain Hardwear kilt. As I go move the sprinklers, or fetch some article from the auto, I find myself almost totally concernless (new word-- let me know if you don't know what it means) about what any neighbor or passerby might see and/or think.

This does terrify my lovely wife, as she thinks me skirting is a feminine wanna-be behavior. Assure her as I try, she just won't believe that skirts are more comfortable for men than, how-you-say "tr*users."

Any way, Hi to all, and please keep the faith. Keep skirting as and when you are able. Ten years from now I want my family to laugh at and with me that as it turned out we (you readers and me) were at the leading edge of a behavior that became popular and/or accepted. (NOTE: This is MISSION POSSIBLE-- Witness my father's case. 20 years ago his kids constantly commented (affectionately if jokingly) on how he wore his pants below his waist. Not that he displayed his boxers the way that is all IMHO TOO POPULAR today, but, nonetheless, the practice has certainly become more common if not accepted.)

OK, Got to run. Cheers to all.

MMan.
Milfmog

Re: Renewed Hello

Post by Milfmog »

Well, if you can renew your introduction I guess we should renew your welcome, so welcome (back) to the café.
matman wrote:...concernless (new word-- let me know if you don't know what it means) about what any neighbor or passerby might see and/or think.
I assume that means "unconcerned", a well established word that, unlike "concernless", does appear in my dictionary (and at dictionary.com).

Far more importantly, congratulations on your growing self confidence. It is clear from reading the postings here that a major obstacle holding male skirt wearers back is an unfounded fear. When we wear skirts with confidence, the self assurance is so obvious to others that they generally ignore our sartorial choices or congratulate us for them, very rarely do we read reports of bad reactions from strangers.
Ten years from now I want my family to laugh at and with me that, as it turned out, we (you readers and me) were at the leading edge of a behavior that became popular and/or accepted.
I guess we're all with you on that one. I don't know if it will happen or not but I keep wearing what I want to and hopefully, if others will do likewise, guys in skirts will become sufficiently mainstream that it no longer merits comment. Don't hold your breath waiting for that time though, you are likely to go a very strange colour :D.

Have fun, and welcome back,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
bobmate

Post by bobmate »

Welcome matman! You will find everyone on here frendly. All after the same thing. The olny way is to go out there and do the skirting thing. You will find it a none event really. Lets us all keep showing our selves in public then maybe it will catch on.