First posting and intro

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Nigel07

First posting and intro

Post by Nigel07 »

Hello guys,

This is my first posting and intro to the skirtcafe.
I just love wearing a skirt and most evenings I do just that. it is so more comfortable than trousers especially in the heat and if the temp does drop down a little I have some opaque hold up stockings which just adds to the freedom and sensations.
Don't get me wrong here. I'm not trying to pass myself off as a woman or get any sexual kick from this. It is just me being comfortable in a skirt and I would love to be able to wear a skirt all day every day but unfortunately in todays society I would be frowned upon but I feel things are slowly changing.
Well thats a quick hello from me and I'm off to read some posts and get into the cafe culture.

Nigel7 :D
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Nigel07, welcome to SkirtCafe! I'm sure you will find many interesting things here.

I just want to give a quick "heads-up." There is a longtime member of our extended community also known as Nigel. He formerly ran the International Men's Fashion Freedom website, which was frequented by many of our members. But it went down one day for upgrades and has unfortunately never come back up again.
Bri
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bri »

Nigel, you're at about the same place as I am. I would like to wear skirts outside, but it being February in Denver, CO. I'm probably going to have to put it off for a few weeks to a month.
Pleats

Post by Pleats »

Welcome to the group Nigel. I wear skirts in public but mostly in the summer as an alternative to shorts. I keep to solid colors and denim to project a masculine image. You will find it is no big deal. You will get a few looks but no one is going to run up to you and yell "you can't wear that!". If you are concerned about running into family/friends/co-workers then try picking locations and times where that is minimized. When I started I would gas up the car at night at self serv pumps. If the fill is on the driver's side then you have the car and pumps blocking the view. Grocery shopping at the all night big box stores is another option. Not too many people around at 10pm. Office supply stores in the middle of the working day is another option. Not too many people in the store at that time. As you find out those trips were no big deal then you will become more comfortable in crowded places. I would avoid malls on weekends to keep away from groups of teenagers.

Another option is to try a kilt. A kilt including the modern types like Amerikilt and Utilikilts, while more expensive then skirts, are more accepted.

Happy skirting!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi Nigel07 <waves> :D
Nigel07

Post by Nigel07 »

Mike In Dayton wrote:Welcome to the group Nigel.

Another option is to try a kilt. A kilt including the modern types like Amerikilt and Utilikilts, while more expensive then skirts, are more accepted.

Happy skirting!
Thanks for the greetings guys.
Mike.
I actually do have a Black watch kilt which I got off ebay as I do most of my few skirts I have and like you I too stick with plain coloured ones. My G\F let me try on some of hers which was fun but although they felt good and even "Floaty" being so thin. But they were too girly for me and as I mentioned I'm not looking to look like a man in a womans skirt but a man in a mans skirt if you know what I mean.

Nigel
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Welcome Nigel from "Godzone" country. I know exactly what you mean by wanting to be a man in a man's skirt. My desires exactly!! Although the cafe contains a few crossdressers AND OUTRIGHT transvestites, they are a very small minority who get some flack if they try to push their views too hard.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
3genders

Post by 3genders »

Hi Nigel :D

Along with everyone else on here and as someone who also recently joined, I'd like to say welcome, too!

Good luck with challenging those dress codes!

Best wishes
3genders :)
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Welcome to the forum, Nigel.
I wore a Freedom kilt out and about in Malaga, Fuengirola and Marbella, also wearing it to travel by public transport between these places, when I was on the Costa del Sol for three days last week, as seen here at Sohail Castle, Fuengirola, with no negative comments whatsoever. Wear your skirt with confidence and with the macho look of thick socks and boots and you should have no problems wearing it in public.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
CJFMix

Post by CJFMix »

Welcome Nigel07 , and feel free to express yourself here !!!

Cessna152tower , you're a natural !!!
Last edited by CJFMix on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you look good , you can go anywhere !!!
Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

Welcome Nigel07. I hope that you enjoy the site and get encouragement. I have learnt a lot and been encouraged by SkirtCafe members.
Colin.
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

todays society

Post by knickerless »

Welcome Nigel07
I would love to be able to wear a skirt all day every day but unfortunately in todays society I would be frowned upon but I feel things are slowly changing.
Todays's society? I have been wearing skirts for years and if anything today's society is more accepting than ever before. I wish I had worn skirts full time back in the 60' and 70's.

Nick
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Belated welcome to the Skirt Cafe, Nigel07! Hope you are settling in comfortably here in your comfy clothes. :D