Just here supporting my man.

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Artemis

Just here supporting my man.

Post by Artemis »

Hi all,

My partner is lurking around here somewhere, he says he'll register one day soon. But I'm more the joiner type so I've launched right in.

I'm a dedicated cross-dressing female (who had to fight for the right to wear slacks), and pretty much wouldn't be caught dead in a skirt (until b/f re-introduced me to them). I still don't find skirts comfortable, but support your right to wear them.
But then I've always been comfortable rejecting societies norms (I lived as a lesbian for 10 years, not really sure why I'm with a guy now, but it works).

That's not to say I wasn't a little taken back when I found out he wore skirts (this was just before we started dating 4 years ago), but he talked about it openly and I didn't ever feel it appropriate to say no to him (not when I realised my only objections were "what will other people think" and "what about children").
For the first point - once I recognised what it was, I dismissed it - I try hard not to care what "people" think. For the second, well, I'm rapidly approaching the age where children will no longer be possible, so I guess that one will never have to be dealt with :( - Although I would be interested in hearing how others handle this. Children are so much more sensitive to societies pressures.

Enough from me - I'm looking forward to reading more forum topics, and will offer up comments and thoughts as and when I can.

Andrea. (Artemis)
GG - proud wife of B - lurking around here somewhere - who has some gorgeous skirts I wish I could fit into.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Good on ya! another Aussie (waves Eureka flag madly :lol: ) Artemis, you're more than welcome. A diversity of views and opinions is more than welcome, so tell your guy (bloke) to come right in alongside you. A few more supportive ladies on the forum will just make us a more civilised community :wink:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Welcome, Artemis. It's always good to see another woman on the forum, and the support (and sometimes reality checks!) that this brings is so good. It also validates in many ways what we do.

So you hate skirts? That's okay - we're open minded about your...unusual...clothing choice! :D
simon

Post by simon »

Welcome along to you and your lurking partner. :)

I'd just like to say something about children around men in skirts. One of the great things about children is that they don't come with all of our preconceptions.

Despite the fact that my three year old daughter has picked up from somewhere that 'boys can't wear pink' and that 'girls can't wear blue', she loves seeing me in a skirt. She usually asks me to spin, because to her, that's what skirts are for. :)
Simon
Bri
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bri »

Cool, despite what your preferences are (I could care less) It's nice to have an honest opinion about things (not that people don't give them here), especially from a woman. I'm actually in a skirt now and much more comfortable than the pair of jeans I was wearing earlier. If I get cold, I might put the gap tights on that I bought off ebay.
Cams

Post by Cams »

Welcome Artemis, I live in Melbourne as well SE burbs, which part are you in?

Cams
Have a nice Skirted Day :)
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Hi Cams,

We're in the inner East.

A.
GG - proud wife of B - lurking around here somewhere - who has some gorgeous skirts I wish I could fit into.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

A hearty welcome to you Andrea, and to your silent guy too. I'm in a similar situation where my husband is the one that likes skirts but I'm the one participating on this site. Does your guy wear skirts out in the world or just at home? Mine would love to wear skirts everywhere but hasn't worked up to that yet.

Quiet Mouse
Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

Welcome. It's great to have ladies who will support their men in fashion freedom on the site. I find it a great help when my wife encourages me with anything. Everyone needs encouragers and supporters.
Colin.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Skirt Chaser wrote:Does your guy wear skirts out in the world or just at home?
My B man only wears them around the house (so far). We're off on a beach holiday soon and I'm trying to encourage him into a sarong at least.
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

Suggestion for the girls

Post by knickerless »

I hope you both manage to persuade your men to go out in their skirts. I would suggest putting all their trousers in the laundry and then dragging them out - in the nicest possible way.
Nick
Last edited by knickerless on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cams

Post by Cams »

Artemis wrote:
Skirt Chaser wrote:Does your guy wear skirts out in the world or just at home?
My B man only wears them around the house (so far). We're off on a beach holiday soon and I'm trying to encourage him into a sarong at least.
I really wish my partner was more like you. She just about has me convinced that I shouldn't wear anything out.
Have a nice Skirted Day :)
simon

Post by simon »

It's great you being about to support and encourage your man. My first experience in public was a sarong while on holiday. It even happened because my wife put all of my shorts in the wash then asked me to do a bit of shopping for her.

Although having had that experience, I'd still suggest encouragement while still giving him the choice. Just in case he does get some reaction that he's not ready to deal with.
Simon
zazie87

hello

Post by zazie87 »

Welcome Artemis,

it's great to see that there are women who support their men ! My man wears skirts as often as he can (except at work) and I love seeing him dressed like that. He wears masculine skirt.
We live in France and people are not very tolerant on this but whatever they can think he goes on wearing skirt because he does not do anything bad !

most of the time women do not want their husband to wear skirt so I am very glad that on this forum women are in favour of skirts for men.

Bye.
zazie87
zazie87, a skirt wearer's wife.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Welcome, Artemis. great to see more women visit. I always say be yourself, that is what we were all meant to do. It is great that you support your partner, or should I say you support each other... 8)

I have lived in Frankston up to 1973 and immigrated to the Netherlands. b :(
So missing the great outdoors very much. At least you guys have enough warm days down under to enjoy wearing skirts.

Hope to hear from the "lurker" too soon. It is very sociable in this cafe.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.