Hello from Devon

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
BFTights

Hello from Devon

Post by BFTights »

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to join this group and hopefully meet like minded people. I've had an interest in and worn tights and skirts from a very early age and in the past have experimented with full on transvestism. Its only been relatively recently that I've started to figure out that I don't want to crossdress or transform how I look into a female representation (I celebrate those that do but its not for me). What I've found out is that I want to present as a normal manly man but one who choses to wear skirts and tights for comfort, look and practicalities. I've become very aware of the ludicrous gender attachment we place on female clothes, but not men's, and I would love to see that change in our culture. I suspect that we have a long way to go.

Looking forward to joining in here.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Devon

Post by Jim »

Welcome, BFTights. You'll fit right in with our gang.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Welcome! Looking forward to your participation so we can all learn along with you and change the ludicrous attachment we have to gendered clothing
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Welcome to the mob! I feel the same, I don't have any desire to look or pass as female, I just like wearing skirts and loose clothing in general.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Stevej180

Post by Stevej180 »

Welcome! I think you're among many like-minded people here, and I could have written the exact same words you wrote. Glad to make your acquaintance :-)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:

Welcome, to the cafe BFTights. We look forward to having you add your story to missive.
:cheers:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Hello and welcome.
Wearing skirts from a young age and now you are in the middle ages, I am sure you have plenty of stories and experiences to share ......... and pics too I hope.
I noticed in your bio that you do not have full support of your wife. You will find others here in a similar situation.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Welcome. Good to have a near neighbour on the board.

I have been wearing kilts for thirty years, with increasing frequency, but only branched out into skirts this year. As the weather gets cooler I shall be seeing how I get on with tights: I am feeling quite boosted today after a trip to the supermarket in black tights under the shortest skirt I have ever dared to wear out of doors (a 15-inch black denim mini).
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Hello, BFT. Welcome to the Café.

Devon, huh? I cycled through Devon 3 weeks ago (cycling Lands End to John O Groats - 1000 miles). It’s very hilly! I note you’re a cyclist. Bet you have good calves to show off, with all the topography ;-)

Like you I wear tights with my skirts. A good combination.
BFTights

Post by BFTights »

Big and Bashful wrote:
> Welcome to the mob! I feel the same, I don't have any desire to look or
> pass as female, I just like wearing skirts and loose clothing in general.

Thanks its good to know that I'm not the only one!
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

BFTights wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:54 pm Thanks its good to know that I'm not the only one!
This ties into a thought I had yesterday. The most important message this forum has to offer:

You are not alone

I was actually wondering if I could get this printed on a t-shirt in some way to promote skirtcafe, but haven't been able to come up with a witty enough design.

In any case, welcome to the cafe!
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

rode_kater wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:22 pm
BFTights wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:54 pm Thanks its good to know that I'm not the only one!
This ties into a thought I had yesterday. The most important message this forum has to offer:

You are not alone

I was actually wondering if I could get this printed on a t-shirt in some way to promote skirtcafe, but haven't been able to come up with a witty enough design.

In any case, welcome to the cafe!
That’s a great thought. Because without the internet and finding sites like this, one would think they’re the only one and that they’re nuts
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

rode_kater wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:22 pmI was actually wondering if I could get this printed on a t-shirt in some way to promote skirtcafe, but haven't been able to come up with a witty enough design.
I'm thinking of a stylised print of a coyote or wolf, alone howling at the moon, with a caption of, "You're never alone, and your voice isn't the only one, no matter what you may think." Heavens know that I've felt like the lonely one baying at the moon from time to time!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Hello and welcome from outback Australia. Great introduction and it's good to know we're not alone. Sometimes outside it seems that like-minded people are over the horizon.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

BFTights wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:07 am What I've found out is that I want to present as a normal manly man but one who choses to wear skirts and tights for comfort, look and practicalities. I've become very aware of the ludicrous gender attachment we place on female clothes, but not men's, and I would love to see that change in our culture. I suspect that we have a long way to go.

Looking forward to joining in here.
Welcome to the forum from a very casual and adhoc participant member.

Agree with your statement. Yes we may have a long way to go to get the unquestioned acceptance that society offers women in clothing choice but from my experience it is here from a huge proportion of society. I'm very active publicly in these still female labelled clothes, doctors, hospitals, restaurants, hotels, shopping etc. Even volunteer at a historic Hall and give slide presentations. The odd few that look disparaging, 99.9% women in trousers have a fleeting moment in my timeline and are irrelevant! I actually have a proactive life as a man in a skirt. It does depend upon the persona of the skirt wearing man as to public reaction.

Keep up the skirt wearing.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.