Union kilts - summer holiday?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Milfmog

Union kilts - summer holiday?

Post by Milfmog »

I shall be travelling to North Wales on Saturday and thought I might call in at Union Kilts on the way up. The problem is that it's not really on the way but will require a 50 mile detour so to ensure that I did not waste my time I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to check they would be open, I tried again yesterday and still have bot had an answer. Does anyone know if they have a summer shut down?

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Just to close the loop on this one...

I eventually managed to get hold of Richard at Union Kilts lateish on the Friday and called in on Saturday as I had hoped to. Apparently they had been very busy at a fair in Brighton and were then getting ready for another one in Manchester. Richard tells me that they shifted over 140 kilts between the two.

The visit proved more expensive than I'd intended, I could not make up my mind whether to buy a denim kilt or a cord one, so I bought one of each. The denim kilt is great, I hardly wore anything else while out and about last week on holiday in North Wales. Got a few sideways glances but so what it brightened a few peoples days and I was comfortable.

The cord kilts look fantastic but unfortunately they did not have one my size in stock, so it will be a special order. That is OK except that they are going to discontinue the cord kilts as there is very little demand. A real shame.

If you want one of their cord kilts order it now, before it is too late.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

The cord kilts look fantastic but unfortunately they did not have one my size in stock, so it will be a special order. That is OK except that they are going to discontinue the cord kilts as there is very little demand. A real shame.
That is a shame - I wear the cord kilt far more than the denim kilt, especially in the summer - it's lighter, cooler and softer than denim. Must get in and buy another one as a spare :D Will they be having an end-of-line sale? 8)
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

140 kilts sold -- that's pretty good going
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

iain wrote:140 kilts sold -- that's pretty good going
Richard certainly seemed pretty pleased about it. :D :D :D

He was a little disappointed that nearly every kilt sold was black denim, though apparently they also sold a few of their tartan kilts.

Richard also commented that they will have to move to larger premises soon, they've outgrown their current place after just six months.

What I'd really like to know is where are all these kilts being worn? It's pretty rare that I see anyone out in a kilt, let alone another guy in a skirt :(

Have fun,

Ian.