My Kilt colletion as grown!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Uncle Al

My Kilt colletion as grown!

Post by Uncle Al »

I'm now up to 5 kilts. (Not to many, but a start. )

I started out with 1 Utilikilt ( Khaki), and added a 2nd ( Postal Blue). Then I found out about StillwaterKilts. They offer a more traditional style of kilt. I ordered the Irish National tartan. Great fit! I have just received my Black Watch, and Nightstalker kilts from them, and the fit is great.:drool: The medium weight material is great for our hot climate. The price is quite reasonable. I placed my order on Sunday, 29 April, and received it on Wednesday, 2 May. Customer service is great!:cheer:

You might try them.... http://www.stillwaterkilts.com

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
bcmtnbka

Post by bcmtnbka »

Stillwater kilts offer good products and great service. The standard and heavyweight kilts are amazing products. They are east to wear and easy to take care of. I give them 2 thumbs up.
Raphael

Chinese Blood, Kilted Heart, One United!

Join my Yahoo Kilts Night Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KiltsNight/

My Photo ALbum: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fangfamily

My Blog: http://xingtheline.blogspot.com/
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Stillwater...

Post by binx »

I've got a Black Watch wool tank from them...heavy! Also bought a Red Stewart Standard and had it hemmed for the hip length. A bit warm for the summer, but the pleats have a good swing...It's Sportkilt season. Wore my Blue Stewart today, hemmed to 18"...coooool.

binx
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Re: Stillwater...

Post by WSmac »

binx wrote:Also bought a Red Stewart Standard ...
binx
My old eyes (47) read that as 'Rod Stewart', LOL
I was wondering what-in-the-heck a Rod Stewart kilt would look like? :?

I agree that the Stillwater kilts are nice to own and wear. Easy on the pocketbook too.

Since I have no idea of my lineage (adopted by Americans - born in Portsmouth, England), I chose the Nightstalker (that is the plain black pattern, isn't it?).

If you need a lighter weight 'kilt' for the summers around your place, just about any woman's pleated skirt, worn 'kilt-style' by a man is often mistaken for a genuine kilt.
This way, you can get a softer and cooler skirt to wear when venturing around the Dallas area.

on a side note, I seem to recall a terrific annual Celt festival in Dallas.
Had a great time there once, although I prefer living in the Austin area... raised in West Texas though (still miss the desert sometimes).
WSmac
Uncle Al

Celtic Festivals

Post by Uncle Al »

The 3rd weekend in March is the Irish Festival at Fair Park in Dallas, and the 1st weekend in June is the North Texas Scottish Festival and Highland Games held at Maverick Field, University of Texas-Arlington. The March event is quite comfortable - temperature wise. Jun is HOT! The Irish Festival is held primarilly indoors in the pavillions. The Scottish Games are all outdoors, again the word HOT! Unfortunately, I missed both events this year. My Mother passed on 25 March, lacking 20 days to her 100th birthday. An other family event kept me away from NTSF&HG. But, that's OK! Family comes 1st! I do get to wear my SWK's to work--no hassel. A few of my friends tease about what is under the kilt. I tell them either..."shoes and socks of course", or .... "good girls don't ask, naughty girls find out." This usually shuts them up or they blushingly :oops: grin from ear to ear. :lol:

Uncle Al
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WSmac »

Yes, it was the Irish festival we went to.
Had a fine time as I recall! :D

Quite a long life your mother had. I do hope it was a wonderful life.

I only wear my skirts to work when I am there unofficially, just getting to work and not changed yet, or there for a meeting.

I have had some gals tease me by trying to lift my kilt, making comments or the typical questions as you have experienced.
WSmac
Jerry Young

Just A Reply

Post by Jerry Young »

Hi,
My name is Jerry Young and I've been wearing kilts for about a year. I have 9 kilts and a few modified shorts. :wink: All of my kilts are from Stillwater Kilts but I am thinking of buying some men's skirts as well. Do any of you possess a Passport number to get into the Cityskirt website. I noticed that they require a passport access number. I have been to bars and have had several women check for themselves to see if I had any thing on under my kilt. I didn't, since I prefer the traditional way. :oops: I live in Sulphur Springs, Texas, which is in Northeast Texas and I'm looking for some friends who like to wear kilts or whatever and I'm not gay by the way. If there are kilt-wearers close to me then let me know. Any reply is appreciated. By the way 1970's style men's platform shoes look good with a kilt or men's skirt also.
Jerry W. Young
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Just A Reply

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Jerry Young wrote:I'm looking for some friends who like to wear kilts or whatever and I'm not gay by the way.
You know, I wonder if gay kilt wearers have a similar need to tell people that despite the kilt they are not straight.

Welcome to the Cafe, Jerry.

Quiet Mouse
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

A Rod Stewart kilt..

Post by Since1982 »

I'm not sure what it would look like either, probably blond with wool shards sticking out and straight out all over it... :roll:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Jerry Young

The Gay Statement

Post by Jerry Young »

Hi,
I didn't mean anything by letting people know I'm not gay. I respect people whatever their preference. I just want them to respect mine. I just happen to be a slender built guy at 150 lbs and what some women call a "pretty boy" and a little athletic as well and I have been hit on by gay men. I have even had to quit a job in the past because of it. Add my almost 5'11" height and I have been found to be a magnet for gay men. But I love women, especially the kind who like a man in skirt.
I did mention in my last reply that I have 9 kilts. Well, I will be buying 3 more very shortly, 2 of which will be mini kilts. It get hot in Texas so I figure a shorter kilt made with a little lighter fabric would be nice. Love and peace to everyone.
Jerry W. Young
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WSmac »

Jerry,

Here's a tip from another person who spent their 'youth' fending off the old creepy guys ( and also quit a job because of this, although it was many years later when I finally told my Mom why I left a "perfectly good job!" ).

As you age, just let yourself go, become a couch potato, eat badly, and quit all meaningful physical activity... no one hits on you anymore! :D

Seriously, After the age of about 19, although I was in really good shape due to our Uncle Sam, I quit getting hit on by the old scuzzies.

Around here, you won't be getting 'hit' on no matter what type of clothing you wear. At least not that I've heard. Everyone here is quite respectful to each other. Feel Free & Feel Safe!

Anyway, about CitySkirt.
DanR used to be an active member here and several of us purchased skirts from him.
It's been a while, but I believe he is still only doing wholesale kinda stuff and not retail.
He received quite a bit of negative activity on his website from the ignorant and rude masses once they found a Men's Skirt site to attack, and he finally just said, "I quit!".

I'd still like to purchase another of his skirts, but we'll just have to wait and see if he ever re-enters the market.

Meanwhile, there is at least one other U.S. Men's skirt maker and several over in England and Germany.
The links are somewhere around this site, sorry, but I do not have them right now.

OH, and Welcome to the Cafe!

eta: for purposes of vanity and ego, I wish to make it clear that I have not 'let myself go' and feel I'm in pretty good shape... JUST NO ONE HIT ON ME! 'cept maybe Emerald Witch :P
eta 2: for purposes of political correctness and just because I have a bit of time to be goofy this morning, I wish to make it clear that I don't care if Gay Guys admire me... heck, I don't care who admires me as long as it is done in a respectful manner!... I even have friends who are Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Trans/and those 'other' folks we sometimes refer to as 'normal' :wink: ! :D
WSmac
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Jerry, as WSmac mentioned you are among friends here. It is a testament to the culture Bob has fostered that the patrons are generally so well behaved. Your anxiety also speaks to the rough and tumble nature of some boards where it is every man for himself despite being designed to be supportive. :? Hope you haven't been too buffeted on the journey to the Cafe, Jerry!

[quote="WSmac"]eta: for purposes of vanity and ego, I wish to make it clear that I have not 'let myself go' and feel I'm in pretty good shape... JUST NO ONE HIT ON ME! 'cept maybe Emerald Witch :P

:cry::wink: Don't I get a shot too, WSmac? Take advantage of the adulation from me while you can since soon enough I'll be married and you could be a woman, either of which kinda dampen my interest in flirting with you. :lol:

Quiet Mouse