Kilts are easier than shorts

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Kilts are easier than shorts

Post by cessna152towser »

Well at least in Scotland and if you are getting on in years. When I was younger and athletic and did a lot of sports and distance running I would have thought nothing of wearing shorts all year, yet nowadays there is a four or five month period in winter when I never wear shorts. In the meantime I discovered four years ago that kilts were OK for ordinary day wear and I now wear a kilt most days during winter. I was reminded of this today, coming out of my dentist appointment just as the local high school was disgorging hundreds of raucous teenagers. Walking back from the dentist's in a kilt and wool knee hose just wasn't an issue but I'm sure I'd have got laughed at by many of the teenagers if I'd been wearing a sporty pair of shorts and knee socks out in town in January. Somehow young guys walking along in shorts on their way home from sport practice look very with it but if I was to dress like them at the age of 55 I'd now look rather silly.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

Cessna, I'm not much younger than you, but I just came home from the sports centre in my bright shiny shorts and I feel quite natural. Mind you, I am fairly shameless, which is why I wear kilts and skirts. I can't wear wool knee socks - they bring me out in a rash, but everyone to his own.