Lucky find

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Tazzmac

Lucky find

Post by Tazzmac »

Last weekend was a long weekend and while travelling to a neighbouring town on the Monday I called into a local Op Shop for a look ..Opportunity shops are like Thrift Shops I guess . Lots of clothes and I always browse for the odd bargain ..

In amongst the stuff was this kilt to my amazement . Don't often see them in Op Shops . Not mens kilts anyway . Was priced at $5.. It didn't have a size on it either so after I grabbed a couple of pairs of knock around shorts and a shirt that I liked $3 each . I took the kilt to a small room set up as a fitting room and it fit near perfectly . It has twin buckles , very slight staining on the apron but otherwise in great condition . Guess it is a 5 yard kilt . Equally to my surprise it had been re hemmed slighty shorter to between 22-23 inches .. Fell in love with it . I bought a lovely all but new surf fishing reel too and a great camp chair as I browsed further ..About six items including the kilt cost me about $38. Love Op shops .
Loving also the new kilt .. I brought it home and used some spray on stain remover on two or three marks and gave it a gentle hand wash ..Came up a treat and it feels awesome to wear .
Have any of you guys ever had a similar experience or luck in an Op/Thrift/ Discount store ...

Cheers..
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Lucky find

Post by denimini »

Yes, Op shops are good. There are none near me but I always have a look when I am travelling. I think it is best if you can go regularly as not always can you find something suitable.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia