Extending the waisline of a kilt?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Extending the waisline of a kilt?

Post by Coder »

Sinned wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:13 pm The red in the swatch is ever so slightly lighter than in the skirt. Enough, I think for it to be noticeable unless the new material can be placed under the apron. Your call, though.
I’m using it to extend the flap that goes under. I agree the match isn’t great… but I may not have any other choice. I ran across a vintage kilt/skirt in this tartan a while back, but declined to purchase it. I was concerned the weight/color?size of the pattern wouldn’t match.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Then go for it and don't look back.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Coder wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:50 pm
Sinned wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:13 pm The red in the swatch is ever so slightly lighter than in the skirt. Enough, I think for it to be noticeable unless the new material can be placed under the apron. Your call, though.
I’m using it to extend the flap that goes under. I agree the match isn’t great… but I may not have any other choice. I ran across a vintage kilt/skirt in this tartan a while back, but declined to purchase it. I was concerned the weight/color?size of the pattern wouldn’t match.
The problem you are going to have if the aprons don't completely over lap is the gap (slit) may be revealing when just going about routine standing sitting business
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !