Do you wear pink tights with your kilt?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Do you wear pink tights with your kilt?

Post by howardfh »

Although I like wearing 8 - 15 denier tights, if I'm wearing skirts/kilts in "male" mode (ie not transvesting) then I go for fishnets, which are warm anyway on all but the coldest of days. So as for the OP, no, probably not unless they were very fine denier.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:18 am
Ralph wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:28 pm There fore I don't need tights, I do sometimes wear knee length compression stockings if it gets really bitterly cold.
Ok Fred, but would you wear pink ones with a plaid or tartan skirt?
Steve.
Knee length pink compression hose with a plaid or tartan skirt, Sure would!! :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Then you'd be following the example of the august personage of an English king.
Wow, and Mark Ryan thinks he is an influencer.
Our man, George has been dead for 200 years, I wonder if the kilt police arranged a hit on him?
Steve.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Question: Do you wear pink tights with your kilt :?:

Answer: NOPE :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Uncle Al wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:05 am Question: Do you wear pink tights with your kilt :?:
Answer: NOPE :!:
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Worried by the kilt police are we?
The fact is that leg wear of any kind is no less valid than the more currently accepted hose and flashes of today.
None of it has a basis in true Scots tradition or heritage.
Had things evolved differently, shepherd's tartan with a magenta border may have become de rigeur.
Sorry but there is more attention paid to the tartan propagandists outside Scotland than within.
That said your choice, Al, enjoy.
Steve.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

No objection at all to pink tights but they'd clash horridly with the the tartans I have.

Definitely consider them with my black utilikilt, little black dress, knee length pencil skirt though.
Nunquam scienter normalis
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

lithaborn wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:16 am No objection at all to pink tights but they'd clash horridly with the the tartans I have.
Ha Ha
King George IV had no such concerns; he'd have just headed off any critics, literally!
Steve.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

I'm not sure I've got that much clout :lol:
Nunquam scienter normalis
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Tights, sometimes yes, and then due to weather conditions or as a fashion statement. In fact, it shall be bitterly cold if kilt hose isn’t enough. On the other hand, if the kilt should be re-invented today, shouldn’t men wear tights with it, when cold and to replace pants, and kilt hose when worn instead of shorts? I think so.
I don’t wear pink tights, however, but black and grey. Not that I have anything against pink. I have shirts of all kinds in pink, and shorts, and a tie, but for tights, it should be too much.

When in tights your kilt or skirt can be shorter. Buchanan tartan

Campbell Ancient tartan

Utilikilt Olive with black tights

Wallace tartan with dark grey tights
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Hey Gerd,

Great looks all around. There’s something about wearing with mens shoes that makes the whole thing look even better. I’m no fan of boots, dislike them mostly, but they look good for MIS.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

GerdG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:46 am Tights, sometimes yes, and then due to weather conditions or as a fashion statement.
Those are good looks Gerd!

I had never considered tights with anything until this morning. My wife and I walk at 6am and this morning it was quite chilly (for Florida) and I put on a pair of thermal tights but needed something to wear over them for modesty :oops: and grabbed a kilt. It worked quite well and it finally clicked in my head why so many women wear the tights + short skirt combo in the cold weather.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

ScotL wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:08 pm I’m no fan of boots, dislike them mostly, but they look good for MIS.
I'm the same way! Seeing some of the things posted here has been making me think I need to find a pair of boots to go with my unbifurcated garments.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:59 pm
GerdG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:46 am Tights, sometimes yes, and then due to weather conditions or as a fashion statement.
Those are good looks Gerd!

I had never considered tights with anything until this morning. My wife and I walk at 6am and this morning it was quite chilly (for Florida) and I put on a pair of thermal tights but needed something to wear over them for modesty :oops: and grabbed a kilt. It worked quite well and it finally clicked in my head why so many women wear the tights + short skirt combo in the cold weather.
Any reason to skip on pants is a good one
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:03 pm
ScotL wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:08 pm I’m no fan of boots, dislike them mostly, but they look good for MIS.
I'm the same way! Seeing some of the things posted here has been making me think I need to find a pair of boots to go with my unbifurcated garments.
Agreed. It’s a new world with skirts as an option so we need to figure out what works
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I haven't worn tights with my kilt and if I'm honest it never occurred to me to do so, but I do wear tights with my tartan skirts although not pink purely because I don't have any at present 😁
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!