Kilt-Entry Level Skirt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilt-Entry Level Skirt

Post by STEVIE »

Epiceneguy wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:17 am
My other half often teases me that the only reason I wear a kilt is so I can pretend that I have a skirt on (he's actually quite close to the truth but I'd never let him know that ) ironically he's Scottish (I'm English) and I can't convince him to don a kilt!
Even more ironically, you do. Every kilt is, in reality, a skirt.
The point is that the vast majority of the human population don't see it that way.
In terms of conferring some spurious machismo on the wearer I'm not sure of a rival.
As a Scot I can empathise with your other half. Our attitude to the kilt can be complicated.
Steve.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I see both sides of the coin when it comes to kilts as entry level skirt.
The cheap kilts I can see as entry level. Most people in west know what a kilt is.
So its easy to get cheap one and for most part no one would bat an eye to it.
One thing alot of people dont know is the price of traditional kilt.
Some tartans cost alot more then others to get made.
My kilt cost over 1000 Canadian so its far from entry level.

But for under 100 bucks you can get a modern utility kilt or a entry level Casual kilt.
Yes they have them marketed as entry level 'Casual' kilts. To me its a cheap i dont care kilt
that if it gets damaged i will not cry over it. I have few cheap kilts I would wear so my traditional
one would not get dirty or damaged,

Other thing that is good about cheap kilt is its made a lot lighter vs traditional so its easier to wear.
When u look at other skirts from around the world the kilt is still the one in the west that most people know of.
There are alot of woman skirts and kilts that a man could wear and most people would never even know.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Chirp wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:17 am
My kilt cost over 1000 Canadian so its far from entry level.
But for under 100 bucks you can get a modern utility kilt or a entry level Casual kilt.
Hello again Chirp and this is the essential difference between a "Kilt" and a kilted skirt, the cost.
My son calls the cheap ones "drinking kilts". The premise being that in the event of throwing up it is disposable.
It is also true to say that the vast majority of folks couldn't tell the difference between any of the styles.
I'm afraid this lends even less reason for the "macho" reputation which the kilt has gained.
I'd still contend that the vast majority of guys who would happily don a kilt of any style will never graduate to any other form of skirt.
Steve.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Well i went from my high end kilts to cheaper ones to skirts,
It could happen.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt