Sporran with Trousers

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sporran with Trousers

Post by r.m.anderson »

Aye with a shoulder bag you would have multiple compartments to separate the stuff from other stuff from essential stuff etc.
With a sporran it is a tossed into a heap settling and filtering to the bottom. Now where did I put that thing-a-ma-jing ?

The shoulder bag is so much more organized and professional looking - best with a skirt (dress) but with a kilt seems odd out of place.

Set your own standards of how you carry your stuff - damn the dress codes and all that stuff !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

r.m.anderson wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:47 am - best with a skirt (dress) but with a kilt seems odd out of place.
Indeed, if you see kilt wearing from a traditional point of view. I don't. And having no Scottish roots, I shouldn't, I think. And besides, a sporran is not very comfortable for a long walking.
And, as I said, my wife prefers the look of the kilt without a sporran, so why should I start arguing with her, that a kilt cannot be worn without one? What is more important to me, her understanding and support, than the opinion of someone else?
Last edited by GerdG on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
happykilt

Post by happykilt »

r.m.anderson wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:47 am Aye with a shoulder bag you would have multiple compartments to separate the stuff from other stuff from essential stuff etc.
With a sporran it is a tossed into a heap settling and filtering to the bottom. Now where did I put that thing-a-ma-jing ?

The shoulder bag is so much more organized and professional looking - best with a skirt (dress) but with a kilt seems odd out of place.

Set your own standards of how you carry your stuff - damn the dress codes and all that stuff !
Just why not have some compartments in the sporran? I have one of these and it is really handy.
http://www.freedomkilts.com/staging/wp- ... orrans.png
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I have mentioned this in kilt groups on Facebook but may never have here.
On the topic of sporrans.
I have a sporran, but I mostly use a canvas two pocket ammo pouch. It fits great on a wide belt.

I have worn it with, traditional kilts , utility kilts and trousers. I tend to wear it on my right side.

The brand I have comes in choice of 3 colors.
Olive green, black, or camouflage.

Search two pocket ammo pouch and I'm certain you will get hits on eBay and possibly Amazon.
They were under 20 the last time ordered one nearly two years ago.
I mostly shop on eBay.
If anyone gets one, be sure to post feedback here.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Well I just carry a handbag all the time.
Its easier and so damn convenient.
If I wear pants (which is not often), or shorts then I still carry a handbag because my clothes sit better if my pockets (when I have some that aren't decorative fake pockets) are not used.

My handbag is 2nd nature now. it makes sense, I'm used to carrying it on my elbow or in my hand - and its neatly organised inside - like a mobile survival kit that I can always have with me. My friends (blokes) put their stuff in my bags for storage when we are out!

Sometimes I will carry a large bag/ shoulder bag, other times a handbag - even a clutch is I need something more dressy.

I think the difference between bag style is irrelevant - its a bag - and I'll carry one cause its truly practical and easier. It also coordinates my clothes ! Another fun element on fashion choices.

so I say - wear/carry a sporran with trousers/pants too.... why not!?

Cheers
NZF