COS Kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

COS Kilt

Post by Coder »

Pants underneath look pretty stupid, but I kinda like the wrap/blanket style "kilt".

https://www.cosstores.com/en_usd/men/me ... 84001.html

mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: COS Kilt

Post by mishawakaskirt »

It's an attempt at breaking the mold into the man skirtlike apparel. At $125.00 for it it's cost seems to be set up for failure. The high cost in my opinion would discourage most ,"skirt curious" men from trying one. I wouldn't pay that for a real skirt and certainly not for one that looks like grey sleeping bag.

I have a navy blue sleeping bag that could be turned into atleast two or three of those "kilts" Im sitting on a small fortune in material, any buyer's?

Longyi s and sarong s are all over the Internet for cheap.
Anyone here ever give another male family member or good friend a skirt for Christmas or some other gift?
I know one or two of you have loaned others a kilt with great reviews. Was curious if anyone has gifted anything else?
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:17 pm It's an attempt at breaking the mold into the man skirtlike apparel. At $125.00 for it it's cost seems to be set up for failure. The high cost in my opinion would discourage most ,"skirt curious" men from trying one. I wouldn't pay that for a real skirt and certainly not for one that looks like grey sleeping bag.
Oh yeah the cost is ridiculously overpriced, but at the same time I don't think "discount skirts" screams desirable. It's hard for me to tell what a fair price is - I buy mostly used skirts. What do a new pair of shorts go for nowadays? $15? $30? I feel like the $25-50 price range would be acceptable.

And yep, it looks like a blanket. It's similar to quilted skirts that go over leggings and such.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Starters guys this is not a kilt or a Kilt, it is simply a wrap skirt.
OK pedantic.
The price at £92 in terms of worth or value is quite subjective according to perception.
As looks go, I don't find it very appealing but if I did, yeah I'd splash the cash.
It's certainly not a design that I have been particularly aware of anyway so that is a plus in it's favour.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:14 pm Starters guys this is not a kilt or a Kilt, it is simply a wrap skirt.
OK pedantic.
Agreed (note the quotes in my original post)! Every time I see a design like this I chuckle - as if the name of it magically makes it safe to wear. Honestly, if that's what it takes for mass adoption, I'm all for it. I don't recall what I was searching for, but it was not "mens skirt" or "mens kilt".
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Apologies Coder,
the quote marks were invisible to my tired old eyes.
Gods I described myself as a curmudgeon in another thread. I must try not to live up to it too much.
As a Scot, I have explained to a lot of people that it is not a kilt but a skirt that I am wearing.
On one memorable occasion the "kilt" was actually a dress, go figure out how you could sell that as a design concept for under £100.00.
One actually might be achievable in the upper thousands designer levels though. Fools and money etc.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:39 pm Apologies Coder,
the quote marks were invisible to my tired old eyes.
Gods I described myself as a curmudgeon in another thread. I must try not to live up to it too much.
As a Scot, I have explained to a lot of people that it is not a kilt but a skirt that I am wearing.
On one memorable occasion the "kilt" was actually a dress, go figure out how you could sell that as a design concept for under £100.00.
One actually might be achievable in the upper thousands designer levels though. Fools and money etc.
Steve.
No worries! When I've posted stuff like this before I've debated whether to be honest or go with what the retailer claims, and I usually defer to the retailer, as much as it pains me.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by mishawakaskirt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:17 am

It's an attempt at breaking the mold into the man skirtlike apparel. At $125.00 for it it's cost seems to be set up for failure. The high cost in my opinion would discourage most ,"skirt curious" men from trying one. I wouldn't pay that for a real skirt and certainly not for one that looks like grey sleeping bag.
Thanks for another smile in these trying times; "a grey sleeping bag" :rofl:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Good news, guys! This is now a snip at only £39.50. And it's sold out in Large, so somebody must be buying them.

https://www.cosstores.com/en_gbp/men/me ... VPEALw_wcB
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

skirtyscot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:36 pm And it's sold out in Large, so somebody must be buying them.
Probably to use as a bedspread.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

skirtyscot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:36 pm Good news, guys! This is now a snip at only £39.50. And it's sold out in Large, so somebody must be buying them.
At first glance I read that as "sold out in Largs" and wondered who the strange somebody was.
Steve
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Nah, I've been to Largs countless times - I went to school there and now I live only a few miles away - and I've never seen a skirted man there, other than reflected in a shop window.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I think I have only been to Largs once and it was raining stair rods so not at its best.
One of my sisters though was a huge fan of the town and holidayed there many times.
She also lived in Dumfries for several years as she worked at the Crichton Royal.
Ahh memories, thanks and I hope you are well.
Steve.